I haven't made any holsters yet, though I've done a fair amount of leather work. I bought a new 9mm specifically meant for concealed carry and I like the idea of a holster that goes on the inside of my jeans in the back waistband. The gun is a Beretta Nano.

I have experience molding knife sheaths and tool holders. I have industrial machines at work, (I'm the head mechanic in a sewing factory). I have a lot of machine to sew leather with, so no limitations there.

I guess I'm looking for ideas as to what might be a comfortable design and I'm open to whatever seems reasonable. Budget isn't a problem. I can incorporate Kydex if needed as we make tactical gear at times, but I'm thinking that wouldn't be real soft inside my jeans waistband. Thanks in advance.

Regards, Eric

With kydex you can always do a hybrid. Leather against the skin, kydex holding the gun to the leather. If you do all leather you may want to consider leaving the back flat to not create any pressure points. Although a lot of folks don't seem to mind it. My go to IWB holster is a hybrid. My 2 got to OWB holsters are a hybrid and leather snap off scabbard.

It might be a good idea to just cruise through some websites and see what strikes your fancy. Then see if you can incorporate all you likes into a holster.

The problem with Kydex or hybrid is that it is going to destroy the finish on your nano in a very short time. I realize many just accept that for their carry gun but if your like me and fussy about the condition of your guns probably want to go all leather.

One of the easiest patterns: a flat backed pancake.

You basically make the back, . . . glue & stitch the leading edges together, . . . mold the gun, . . . let it dry, . . . glue and stitch the trailing edges.

Instead of slots for a belt, . . . you put loops on that attach to your belt.

I know, . . . that is the cliff notes version, . . . if you are interested, . . . I can send you some better info.

May God bless,

Dwight

One of the easiest patterns: a flat backed pancake.

You basically make the back, . . . glue & stitch the leading edges together, . . . mold the gun, . . . let it dry, . . . glue and stitch the trailing edges.

Instead of slots for a belt, . . . you put loops on that attach to your belt.

I know, . . . that is the cliff notes version, . . . if you are interested, . . . I can send you some better info.

May God bless,

Dwight

I'd love to see some pictures if you any Dwight.

Regards, Eric

Eric,

Shoot me an email at ciminod@midohio.net, . . . I'll send you some info.

It is the basic "how to" that I hand out to my students when I teach the holster making class at Tandy's.

I would do it here, . . . but it is rather large, . . . don't want to tie up the facilities, so to speak.

May God bless,

Dwight

Dwight, I would be interested in that information also.

Pat

Edited by pscohy

Dwight, I just sent you an email......I'm interested too! Thanks!

Bill

Anybody wants the copy, . . . ciminod@midohio.net is the email.

I can't send through here, . . . too big.

May God bless,

Dwight