TapTapTap

My Latest Hip Quiver

This is my latest Hip Quiver made for a customer in Germany. As usual, I appreciate any comments - positive or negative. post-16263-0-65698300-1358931838_thumb.j

Visit my site: myleatherwork.com

Very nice work. The eagle and the lacing are excellent, and the overall look is perfect. Just the right amount of tooling to accent the piece.

Chief

Very nice work!

Well done.

Thats beautiful

Really well done! I generally only like staining leather, but the slight use of paint on the eagle is a nice touch!

Edited by Jaymack

Thank you folks for your comments. Jaymack, I agree with your comment about too much colour. The tips of the feathers were painted a darker brown by hand after the original coat of antique had dried. The white feathers were then painted in and when the quiver was dry it was given a coat of "Top Coat". The antique dye that i use on just about everything is called "Easy Toner Antique" and always gives that light colour. Both are made in Sydney by Birdsall's Leather and Crafts. The completed quiver was then given a light coat of Fiebings "Saddle Lac".

Nice lacing, especially about the pouch flap, Good basketweave depth. Thankyou for sharing your dye source.Is the left hip forward or right hip backward arrow orientation.