TapTapTap

A Variety Of Guitar Straps

Thought I would try making some guitar straps. Hand stitched or braided edges. Lined with suede or pigskin. As the width is 2.5 inches I managed to use belt patterns for the decoration. The next one will be 3 inch wide with basket weave and celtic pattern. Would appreciate any comment - positive or negative.post-16263-0-57830700-1359060392_thumb.jpost-16263-0-25040500-1359060395_thumb.jpost-16263-0-14943600-1359060398_thumb.j

Those look REALLY good!!

WOW!!!!!!! Thats a whole bunch of little perfect steps resulting in one big perfect product . My compliments first class work from start to finish . From concept to completion time well spent! !!!!! Hours of flawless work ,you are a master of your craft ! Thank you very much for showing us your work ,I am re dedicated and inspired . It was a privilege to view this and thank you for both taking the time to post this and for loving your craft enough to achive this level of craftsmanship . I am honoured to have seen this . THANK YOU !!! Bill

Nice work, but your name shouldn't be tap tap tap, it should be stitch stitch stitch. I made one guitar strap with a suede liner. Emphasis on one! Took forever to sew.

Great work!

Nice tooling, nice lacing, nice stitching I think you covered all the skills and perfectly. Great work.

#2 is my favorite

Those look great - WAY better than anything you'll find in a guitar shop.

Nice detail!!

Good job! I especially love the leaves on the second one. How do you adjust their length? I am actually making one on order, it takes ages to sew by hand.

Sherkhan1962, I am a great believer in the theory that "Hand Crafted" or "Hand Made" means what it says. All work is done by hand NOT with a sewing machine! Perhaps if I was relying on my work to survive I would have a different attitude. I hope I haven't offended anybody that uses a machine but that is my opinion.

Adjusting the length is a simple process depending on the particular pattern. The guitar strap you like is adjustable from 46 inches to 52 inches. You can see the adjustment strap on image number 3. This part can be made longer if required. When you sew by hand do you use a stitching pony to hold the workpiece?

regards,

TapTapTap

TapTapTap,

I use stitching clamps, also called saddler's clamps, the European style. I will soon post something about them... Because I make them !

Cheers,

Fred

You do very nice work, I'm very impressed with those fine looking guitar straps.....I don't agree with your opinion that something can't be handmade if it's stitched on a machine, but that's another discussion.

Nice straps.

Love them!!

Beautiful work! Negative comments?!! I don't think so!!!

Very nice work you have done there! I am starting on a guitar strap myself which will probably only have veiner and mule foot designs, but after seeing these wonderful straps, I think I may drop leatherwork and leave it to the people that know what they are doing :).........J/K...........Rory

Superb!!!!!! Many hours of skill have produced an outstanding piece. Love it.