Well, this is a first for me. OK, technically second if you count the first one having to get tossed. I cut the sight channel/throat reinforcement too wide and could not mold the gun at all. Anyway, the customer wanted AIWB, natural, with both black leather snap loops and a J hook. I'm pretty happy with how it came out. Much better than the first try. The customer was really excited with the pictures. It went in the mail today. He's a professional photographer so he said he would also get me some shots with his gun in it. Here it is, comments and critiques welcome.

Front with the T nuts for the loops and J hook.

GEDC0016_zpscd0834ef.jpg

Back, flat with no molding.

GEDC0015_zpsf45755c8.jpg

Reinforced sight channel and throat.

GEDC0017_zps5a7e18e5.jpg

Snap loops.

GEDC0018_zps925d5b18.jpg

.o93 kydex J hook that I made. I don't really like the ones that wrap way up the belt on the bottom. Kind of defeats the purpose. So I cut the bottom lip to just ride on the bottom of the belt. I also told the customer I'll make one with more coverage if it's an issue for them.

GEDC0014_zps713700f3.jpg

Good job.

The more I look at your holster, the more I like the reinforcement piece.

Edited by Haystacker

I figured I would need some extra strength there to keep if from collapsing over time. Bad place for a holster to get weak. I also allowed me to bend the leather for the back so it was flat. Just make sure it's thinner than the slide. That was my mistake, I cut the first one thicker. When I went to wrap the leather over, it was higher than the frame and would not have as much retention. Doh!

Thanks guys.

I like the rig. Looks like a zero cant holster which for me works real well... I just built a similar holster with a molded sight track. I cut the throat re-enforcement piece to include the sweat shield. That way over time that protion of the holster will not beging to break down and start to fold in covering the hoster mouth.. Not sure if that makes any sence or not... good job..

Awesome detail molding.

Very nice. I like the reinforcement piece. Good job. Has the customer had any feedback on the J hook?

Very nice. I like the reinforcement piece. Good job. Has the customer had any feedback on the J hook?

No, which I take as a good thing. Complaints come in quick. At a boys are slower. He told me he was going to try it first. I was upfront about cutting it short and why so he could test drive it with that in mind. I've got 2 hybrids going out tomorrow to a buddy of his and he is talking about ordering another AIWB holster.