Sign in to follow this  
cleveland

Looking For Dummy Guns Not Currently Offered

I am looking for a few dummys and wondering if anyone has a lead on ANY of these:

1911 w/rail 4"

1911 4"

1911 3.5"

Sig 1911 - 5"

Sig 1911 - 4.2"

Sig 1911 - 3.3"

Beretta PX4 Compact (not the sub-compact)

Thanks!

Bobby

Beating an old horse to death here.

Dummy guns are usually made only for current production handguns that have achieved a significant market share. Most handgun models are never made as dummies. Once a handgun model has passed out of production there is very little chance of ever finding a dummy.

I offer 11 holster designs, with or without 4 common options, in 4 finish colors, left-hand and right-hand, for 140 different handguns, resulting in over 60,000 possible variations. I still receive requests for others just about every day.

Life was very simple 40 years ago when half-a-dozen handgun manufacturers each offered half-a-dozen models. Now there are dozens of makers, each offering dozens of different models, and seldom does a week go by without someone offering the latest "new and improved" version of this, that, or the other.

Welcome to the holster making business. This little problem shows no signs of ever going away.

Best regards.

Rob and Bluegunstore has 4", 5" with rail, and 3" 1911's. I looked under Colt and Springfield. I may be missing something but a standard 5" should be fine for the Sig. If you make the holster open bottomed it is possible to cut it short and mold it off of a longer slide version. I've made 2 4" 1911 holsters off of my 5" blue gun and the customers loved them. Just a thought.

As an expensive option, could you custom cut them to length? The frames are the same size. It's the slide that changes.

I am looking for a few dummys and wondering if anyone has a lead on ANY of these:

1911 w/rail 4" - Buy a 5" w/rail and cut the length down to 4"

1911 4" - Buy a 4.25" commander and cut it down to 4"

1911 3.5" - Buy a 4.25" commander and cut it down to 3.5"

Sig 1911 - 5" - No Sig molds available, buy the actual gun or use customer's

Sig 1911 - 4.2" - No Sig molds available, buy the actual gun or use customer's

Sig 1911 - 3.3" - No Sig molds available, buy the actual gun or use customer's