GuardianConcealment

Holster Clip Source

I am looking for a good source for smaller quantities of holster clips for my IWB hybrid holsters.

Black oxide, 1 /34 inside, around 1 inch wide.

I purchased a hundred from JRM clips out of NJ and they were OK. The black oxide finish was a bit inconsistent.

Looking to spend less than 50 cents per clip and would order a few hundred.

Also might consider having a custom clip made / sourced.

attached is a clip example....it is a 2030 from JRM in black

better pics are on my website: www.guardianconcealment.com

Any advice would be great.

Thanks,

James

post-37648-0-81925300-1359404794_thumb.j

looking at the photos its hard to say if the ones I use are any better, and they definitely don't come at .50c, (trust me, I wish) but they are sturdy and they do the job. KnifeKits.com carries them and charges 1.60 each if you order 10 or more. http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/product_info.php?cPath=41_56_407&products_id=1486 They don't fit well over the Kydex reinforced belts I make though. Too tight for the thickness of belt. so I just make the clips that Velcro to the back of the belt if I sell a belt as well. Two things to watch for with these clips: 1.They don't have rounded edges. Its not that they are sharp, but definitely not rounded, like ones Tandy carries (@ like 3.50 each, ouch). it could be me just being picky.. 2. if you order these, type a note in the comments section during checkout to ensure the clips are "straight". I have had numerous ones that are bowed, and/or the outer portion of the clip is not in line with the back, and it looks like crap. But since I started leaving a note, they have complied. Hope this helps!

Your leather quality looks good, what cut is it and where do you get it?

We just got some in with powder coated finish which helps with the sharp edges.

I would second Robs at the blue gun store. They are better quality than ones you get for .50 cents.

I'd rather spend 1.00 or even 2.00 from Tandy and have a good quality clip than get one for .50 cents and it loses its "spring" in a year and fails on your customer. In the customers mind they are YOUR clip and when it fails they'll want you to replace it( which you should) or worse yet they won't even tell you but they will tell everyone else that the holster they bought has generic clips that don't last.

I've used every clip out there for a while and for some of that time I didn't really notice a difference other than price as they looked nearly identical, then I had several failures all at once and I tracked it down to the cheap clip. If you replace it, now you're up to the cost of a good clip anyway, if you don't or they don't tell you, how much does an un satisfied customer cost you?

Pass the cost on to your customer. They will gladly pay an extra 2 bucks for a quality clip.

Amen to that. Got on the site and its showing sales are suspended due to backlog. Rob, what are the cost of the clips? Also, are they a gloss finish? The last set of glossy clips I got squeaked terribly against the leather. The matte finish ones I currently use do not.

Where did you see that sales are suspended? On Robs site?

Amen to that. Got on the site and its showing sales are suspended due to backlog. Rob, what are the cost of the clips? Also, are they a gloss finish? The last set of glossy clips I got squeaked terribly against the leather. The matte finish ones I currently use do not.

Anyone offering a 1 1/4" belt clip?

Might take a look at catalog from Ohio Travel Bag. Plenty of good things there.

Ray

I haven't had any complaints about that on either clip but based on what you mentioned I would recommend using the powder coated version. Here it is http://www.bluegunstore.com/?page_id=10&slug=product_info.php&products_id=348 They are slightly more but I think worth the little extra.

I checked both blue gun and ohio and no mention of a smaller clip specifically for a 1 1/4" belt.

They all seem to be for 1 1/2" belts and larger.

Rob, does this clip (CLIP6-07 Metal Holster Clip) have a gloss finish? I think I ma want to move to something more like this design rather than what I have been using, simply for the fact the CLIP8-10PC type I have using is not (double layer) gun belt friendly. I really like what crossbreed uses because of the squared off opening for the belt, they fit great on thick belts.

Rob, does this clip (CLIP6-07 Metal Holster Clip) have a gloss finish? I think I ma want to move to something more like this design rather than what I have been using, simply for the fact the CLIP8-10PC type I have using is not (double layer) gun belt friendly. I really like what crossbreed uses because of the squared off opening for the belt, they fit great on thick belts.

They have a black oxide finish. I do have some of those with a more flexible clip, would that help?

Edited by RMB Custom Leather

Found these guys looking for clips in stainless steel. Had a customer with a nickel allergy. Quantity discounts available but they are not the cheapest around, however, I have found almost every style and size clip I have needed and shipping is low and fast.

www.theclip.com

I wanted to update my original post on JRM...

All my metal clips have been from them. I had the one small oxide issue and they took care of it. The finish has been great on all other orders. I work with beth at Jrm and she is always responsive and helpful. I am going to try other powder coated option also but the blax oxide is great for the price.

I wanted to update my original post on JRM...

All my metal clips have been from them. I had the one small oxide issue and they took care of it. The finish has been great on all other orders. I work with beth at Jrm and she is always responsive and helpful. I am going to try other powder coated option also but the blax oxide is great for the price.

DO NOT make the mistake of ordering holster clips from Ohio Travel Bag. I ordered several last year in a couple of different variations in black and they were all absolute junk. I just tossed them in the trash rather than putting them on a holster for a customer. The finish on them was terrible and the edges were so sharp on some they would cut you. The metal they used was flimsy and had no spring to it. I had been ordering from Tandy but their prices have gotten ridiculous. I may have to check out JRM of Bluegun.

Thanks for sharing that info. I've switched from the knife kits clip to the Tandy ones for a bit now and am happy with them.they are high priced, just got to catch them on sale. Which I hope is soon cause I'm low. They are VERY strong and great uniformity. Great finish, but they squeak like no other. I have a lot of velcro laying around so I use the soft loop portion and a stick a small strip to the back and it knocks out the noise.

Check out Springfield Leather Company :)