DEADEYE

Looking for lacing/stitching horse plans

Ehum ehum, stitching what... ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Tom

Looking through some of the posts here on stitching horses:

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?s...stitching+horse

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?s...stitching+horse

There was this link to a google book. Download the pdf and on page 98 is the plans for a good stitching horse.

stitchhorse.jpg

post-5140-1219280197_thumb.jpg

Doesn't look like a stitching hore to me, but some good photos.

Like this?

horse1.gif

post-4868-1219282232_thumb.jpg

Not a problem, I understand about being too busy.

There are some plans in the back pages of the Tandy book "The Art of Handsewing Leather" as well as the links already provided. Good luck with this and thanks for the laugh.

Deadeye, . . . I saw one some time back and copied it, . . . materials would be less than $10, . . . and to use it, . . . it actually sits under your thighs, . . . near the knees, . . . in whatever comfy chair you care to occupy.

I don't do a lot of lacing, . . . so I don't use it much, . . . but it is the cat's meow for those few projects.

If you are interested in one like that, . . . let me know, . . . I'll try to get a picture of it to you. It can be built in all of an hour if you have access to a wood shop or a few tools.

May God bless,

Dwight

:google0dw: Google "farm woodwork stitching horse"

There's a google book for this. See page 99.

Met a woman today who showed me a Saddlers Clamp she made many years ago and the main ingredients were so simple and easy to come by. It was made from two barrel staves with a hinge at the bottom and a turn screw in the middle to tighten the tension up to whatever she wanted. Dead Easy!

Tony.

I have a copy of the "Farm Woodwork" Stitching Horse if you'd like. I found it on Google and it's ok to pass around because of the copyright/print date.... It's lived long enough to outlive the Copyright and enter into the public domain.

So, here ya go! You can go HERE and get it!

Hope it helps!!

Edited by TroyS

Seems we have two parallel threads going on this subject......for my reply and a link to stitching horse plans, look here.

I have a copy of the "Farm Woodwork" Stitching Horse if you'd like. I found it on Google and it's ok to pass around because of the copyright/print date.... It's lived long enough to outlive the Copyright and enter into the public domain.So, here ya go! You can go HERE and get it! Hope it helps!!
That helps a bunch and thanks for the link sir. :You_Rock_Emoticon:
Seems we have two parallel threads going on this subject......for my reply and a link to stitching horse plans, look here.

Spock! Bones! Parallel univer... er... threads. :Holysheep: I am just now aware of this and thanks sir. Edited by DEADEYE

:google0dw: Google "farm woodwork stitching horse"

There's a google book for this. See page 99.

I have found this Google book, and can view the images. I can down load, but when I go to open the PDF file, I get a "file broken cannot be repaired" message. If any one has it that can open it and would like to forward it to me I would sure appreciate it. Thanks.