Hey all,

I finally found time to work on something for me..we all know the cobblers kids go barefoot, but mine are finally clad...ive been hating on my glock alot here lately, it seems that every design ive seen was just ugly...then i saw Shooter Mcgavins glock overkill holster and learned that you can make a good looking glock rig...so i set about collecting my thoughts and looking at different leathers and colors...i finally came up with this, and after a long battle with math, geometry, and other math that i still dont fully understand, i finally got the stitchline right...the dark panel is shark, the light panel is elephant, i lined it with cow and the outer back panel is horse...i like it...i finished it with a coat of angelus 600 ....the only thing im not 100% on at this time is the single stitch line at the trigger guard...not sure if i want to leave it that way or add another line..

post-30702-0-41271100-1359556080_thumb.j

post-30702-0-73200500-1359556123_thumb.j

I like Glock holsters :) Nice Job. I particularly like the double row of stitching where the hides meet in the middle.

Nice. Glock trigger guards are hateful things. Nice stipple job too. Did you do that?

Yeah, i love the glock's, all except the grip area...the finger grooves had to go and the grip isnt aggressive enough, so a few hours with a bent soldering iron to reshape and stipple it..one of my hobbies, or it was when i had play money, is gunsmithing...i still build the occasional ar or 1911, but the days of sinking 2500 into a rifle build are sadly over, so now i just try to improve upon what i have in the most cost effective manner possible...

Looks good, Lizard.

Thanks Jake...

Beautiful holster. A shame to wrap it around a Glock.

dont be a hater..lol...they go bang each time i pull the trigger, eat anything i put into it, dont comp;lain when i forget to clean it, it never rusts, and holds 14 rounds of 357 sig wholesomeness...what is not to like?

I like Glock holsters :) Nice Job. I particularly like the double row of stitching where the hides meet in the middle.

Thanks Shooter...i saw it on your overkill holster and thought, that looks cool, im gonna have to start incorporating that...i probably should have done the trigger guard area the same way, but t be honest, when i sewed it up, i didnt know how well the placement was going to be and didnt want to have to cut 2 stichlines...i may add it in here in a few days, but im already behind again and i still havent got to do any reloading yet...to few hours in a day...

Looks like the stippling vs. checkering has become factory standard on at least one manufacturer's model .Here is the new G2 Millenium from Taurus http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=872&category=Pistol&breadcrumbseries=&search=

they got the right idea, but the need to cover the entire grip with it instead of trying to make it look all artst fartsy...gun designers need to stop watching martha stewart and pop in a few old john wayne classics...

Looks good. Personally Id add another stitch line along the trigger guard. Looks like you have too much room between the trigger guard and the current line of stitching.

Never found anything wrong with a Glock until I picked up my first Sig. Now Im spoiled.

Looks good. Personally Id add another stitch line along the trigger guard. Looks like you have too much room between the trigger guard and the current line of stitching.

Never found anything wrong with a Glock until I picked up my first Sig. Now Im spoiled.

Ive carried a sig on duty now for the last 12 years, and they are wonderful guns, but id rather carry my glock off duty, if for no other reason than its sits differently and rubs in different places, relieving the hot spots caused by the sig...in reality, both of the guns i wear the most are too big for concealed carry of any sort, but my choice in the matter is limited by policy..so i make the best out of what i have to work with

i couldnt get another stitch line in there spaced consistantly due to the steep angle of the pistol and the rail section, i was debating putting one on the outside of the current one

The only thing you can do to make a glock look good is make a good looking holster for it. Nice job. (I am a glock fan)

You know, a glock is kinda like a washed up stripper...not real easy on the eyes, but they sure do know how to work it..lol..

I've taken to using the measurement of the trigger guard, rather than the slide, to determine the placement of the stitch line along the bottom of the trigger guard. That's for pancake designs. For wraparound designs like the Avenger, I split the difference between the two measurements.

I've only recently come to love the Glock. I've always respected them. I stippled both of mine. The first one was my former duty gun, which I bought and then immediately ground off the alien finger grooves which I hated so. LoL

Lizard, your last comment is perhaps the best description I've ever heard of Glocks!!! Hope you don't mind, but I'm gonna HAVE to steal it.

Nice looking holster, too,

Remember the basic guidelines for stitch line placement: half the width (in that area) plus the weight of leather. You may have to tweak a little, depending on the hide, but that will always get you close *for pancake holsters*.

Big O, you hit it...thats what i had to do...once i figured it out, it made sense, dealing with x and y axis and a bunch of other random trigonometry just made my head hurt..lol..

TO, feel free to steal it...just dont let the significant other hear you say it, or you will have to explain how you know so much about washed out strippers like i did..lol