eatbeef88

Spur Strap Templates

I have been looking for spur strap templates and am having a hard time finding any. I'm looking for both one-piece and two-piece. The ones from that you can print out from Tandy are too small and the shapes are somewhat plain. Any suggestions or resources? Thank you.

Tandy sells a "package", . . . big white envelope, . . . I disremember the author, . . . but you will be hard put to find anything better for starting out.

It'll give you a good foundation, . . . getting your edge designs, . . . spacing, . . . notching, . . . all that needs to be laid out right or you might just as well hang em on with a pair of pliers and some bailing wire.

Make a couple pairs of basic straps, . . . wear em for a day or a week, . . . figure out what you do and don't like about em, . . . then adapt the pattern to what you want.

May God bless,

Dwight

Get the tandy pack you can always change to patterns to make them what you want.

Tandy has some free downloadable ones on there website

Tandy has some free downloadable ones on there website

If your selling the ones on tandys site they are not as fancy.

Here ya gohttps://www.leathercraftlibrary.com/p-1489-spur-strap-pattern.aspx

these patterns are free and you can make them as plain or as fancy as you like

Edited by St8LineGunsmith

Try these out. I made them a few years ago and have been wanting some public opinion. They are made so the concho hides the spur button and look pretty darn fancy.

Jim

Spur Straps.pdf

post-39965-0-08030700-1364124578_thumb.j

post-39965-0-71134000-1364124596_thumb.j

I have a simple question.....................what's wrong with bailing wire???

Other than duct tape it is a real good tyer downer...........lol

It's hard to carve patterns on bailing wire.

Jim, good to see you back.

B'sides . . . . . . . bailing wire is for holding up mufflers on Chevy pickup trucks!

Great to be back, been too long!

Jim

I think that bailing wire did come before duct tape!

#9 wire works better for your pickup. A little harder to twist up tight, but a fencing pliers usually does the job. Lasts a lot longer on country roads and trails!

Tom

I have been looking for spur strap templates and am having a hard time finding any. I'm looking for both one-piece and two-piece. The ones from that you can print out from Tandy are too small and the shapes are somewhat plain. Any suggestions or resources? Thank you.

The spur leather pattern pack is $4.00 cheaper at Springfield leather.

I found this photo of the No Buckle Spur Strap I made some time back. Wanted to share it to give y'all a look at what you can do with them.

Have fun,

Jim

post-39965-0-90512000-1365337784_thumb.j

Try these out. I made them a few years ago and have been wanting some public opinion. They are made so the concho hides the spur button and look pretty darn fancy.

Jim

Thank you for the pattern, I plan on using it for my next project. It's really tough to find free patterns.

Tessa

Jim's Patterns are the best!!

Look up this book it is great! Sheridan Style 15 New Spur Strap Patterns Including One Piece Spur Straps. Just finished first one out of there, and it looks great. I believe sheridan also has another spur strap patter book besides this one.

this place has a couple templates but you can design your own they will make a template for you.    http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPUR-STRAP-TEMPLATE-SET-FOR-LEATHER-CRAFTERS-RODEO-SPURS-OR-BIKER-RSSTS-/141900212383