dolo286

Seat Pans?

I make them...and I also have them made. What sort of pan do you want?

Send me an email. chancey77@gmail.com

:17:

Especially since all the US folks I'm trying to reach (who make a solid pan) apparently don't like money. You'd think when someone offers to buy in bulk they'd be all over it. Chancey has an excellent pan available!!

Bitwell makes a good one. I wanted to start with something universal that had the hardware mounted to it already. I bought one recently from Ebay and it worked out real well for me.

:17:

Especially since all the US folks I'm trying to reach (who make a solid pan) apparently don't like money. You'd think when someone offers to buy in bulk they'd be all over it. Chancey has an excellent pan available!!

http://stores.ebay.com/Accufast-2-d-Creating-Custom-Parts

That's one of the companies I've been trying to reach. I have a different email to try now, so hopefully I can get something going.

I got a pan from him,Todd, yesterday

So what would one need to try to make a seat? I see from here a seat pan, what else? Just curious because this is one thing I would like to eventually get up too.

seat pan, leather (obviously), and a good closed cell foam (think gym mats - nice and cheap) - though some people like to torture their butts and leave out the foam.

You can get a seat pan with all the mounting hardware (springs, hinge bracket), but a lot of times it's easier to leave that up to the customer.

If you're building it for someone local, you can work with them to get everything they want included with the seat.

Thanks Cyber. There is a restaurant out here (like everywhere) that has one day a week dedicated to bikers that is going to start back up in April. I know the owner and he said if I want to set up a booth to try to sell some stuff he would let me. Thats awesome except I have no idea how to make anything that bikers would want. I was going to start doing some belts and biker wallets so I can take some stuff with me. He asked me if I could make a custom seat so people could see and possible get some custom seat orders. It's nice to get a chance but doesnt give me a lot of time to learn how to do it.

So if I could get someone to pay for all the stuff needed PLUS the custom leather seat? Is that what you mean?

I mean if you're working with someone local, you'll see their bike in person, get measurements, discuss mounting options and lug locations etc....

Right now I'm going for prewelded lugs on the ones I'm ordering because I don't have easy access to welding. So, if anybody local comes along, I'll get the measurements needed for their bike and adjust or have one made to spec. MOST people will be fairly standard, but if you have a chance to do it precise from scratch - that would be the way to go. I have another friend who wants ChopperShox brand on his, but they require a specialized mounting tab to be welded on. So, stuff like that is what you'll work with the person on. Then before you even start tooling leather you can have the mounts, springs/shocks, and hinge bracket all lined out ahead of time. If you make the seat in advance, you're going to have to take liberties and set it up with a standard bolt measurement to take the springs and hinge bracket. Then you can just have whoever buys it go buy their own hinge and springs (most people would have these anyway, or at least know where to get them). I don't think anybody includes mounting hardware in their custom seat prices. It may be listed as an added option, but rarely are they included because people like their own styles.

My recommendation for you is to get at least "A" seatpan and do up something quick and easy since you don't have a lot of time. A lot of guys like plain airbrushed coloring, some like plain black, or just simple classic designs - like the Harley #1 logo (depending on the crowd) or an Iron Cross. They're simple and effective so you can spend more effort building the seat and not worrying about the tooling.

Disclaimer though, i haven't finished a seat at all yet. I've started one, but haven't finished it. It's a 2-up style though, so not the norm anyway. I'm still waiting on my seat pans to get here so I can get started. I do however have a history of playing with choppers and knowing what people like :)

45€ plus shipping for my pans:)

Also there is standard measurements that fit any hard tail

HD ever made:) also fits most Triumphs. So your Sportster frames and Triumph frames are all covered :)

post-28433-0-49727400-1362743487_thumb.j

post-28433-0-60916200-1362743516_thumb.j

post-28433-0-94192800-1362743619_thumb.j

post-28433-0-53935300-1362743658_thumb.j

Edited by chancey77

Chancey what about a late model super glide?

David

Well, I sell just the pan; the welding for brackets is all up to you or the bike owner:)

But This standard bolt system that I compared off of so many other solo seats out there all seem to be in the same ballpark within 1/2" of each other.

I have put them on FXR and Super Glides and sportster ridged frames and Shovel frames...They would have to do some retro fitting for the front Slider bar depending on which model they want Either Custom Chrome parts or any other aftermarket brand...I just always use Custom Chrome because I can get them local and fast.

The newer bikes have other issues like the Electronic Control Box and BAttery placement...but it just depends on teh bike..chances are if someone is looking to customize their bike they are prepared to do a little welding:) on teh back side for a plate for springs and a front Dog Ear attachment....

So long story short:)

YES! jahahaha