does anyone have experience with the pfaff 335 machine with binder? do you have to remove the binder attachment to use it as a regular machine?how about the feed dog i have heard that it has to be changed is it expensive or alot of work?thanks for any replys

I use this machine with binder and regular, it takes about 15 min to change it.

The parts aren,t expensive.

post-35611-0-11740700-1361015570_thumb.j

Edited by Diezell

Getting the non binder arm cover can cost like $70? But you do without it by just swinging the binder arm cover away or removing all together. The feed dog and needle plate can be purchased at www.kwokhing.com for pretty cheap.

Andrew

Hi Guys. My first post! Where can I buy the cylinder cover plate like in Diezell's picture? I have found the needle plates and feed dogs But the cylinder cover plate I cant find anywhere! Diezell Can you tell me where you bought the parts please? Also Does it handle like a non binder machine when changed over from the binder? Any help would be great!

I'm pretty sure that the entire assembly is sold as a kit, as well as individual parts. That would include the throat plate and special presser feet, as well as the binder.

The part about " the parts are not expensive" is true if you buy them from other than Pfaff. Binder parts to the Pfaff 345 ( who are very similar, only have a thicker arm and vertical hook) costs 1953,- $ bought at Pfaff. Thats what I call expensive, I do not know what you think.

Pfaff parts that is in production on new machines may be cheaper because they are probably made in China.

Kwokhing is a good source as mention above. I think a sewing machine mechanic who used 15 minutes to change the binder parts on a pfaff 335 would get sacked, I would make it in three. I am not trying to be a smart ass here, but its is really not that much work . Its not ideal but you can use it for other things with the binding plate and feets on, just take of the binder. Wiz are correct, you buy them as individual parts as well as kits.

Tor

Hi Najram,

I bought mine here:

http://www.andrevowe...1-040894-21-im/

It is a reproduction, I can't find a brand on it.

That looks good, nice price too. I know where it is too, I have been a truck driver driving a steady route Holland -Norway for several years (many years ago).

Nice to drive in your country. Nice and flat, only had to change gear twice from German border to Amsterdam (with a 40 tons load). I still remember all the street and route names down there, much better than I know them in my own city , Oslo (Norway). Very nice people, good food. I love Holland and I have many friends around Utrecht and Alphen aan den rijn. I have not been down there on almost 20 years now, I guess much is changed. Maybe not, the Dutch are good in keeping their culture, houses and tradition.

Tot Ziens

Cheers Guys!. I didn't expect a reply so soon. You guys made my life so much easier. Ive been trawling the net for this kit. Thanks Deizell That kit is so affordable!. $1953 for those Pfaff parts! What the?!! I actually don't have this machine but really thinking of getting one. I mostly make bags (max leather thickness 4mm) and belts ( max thickness 5mm). It seems to have a lot more needle plates and other accessories that I would need than my Typical GC2605 which has been a huge pain trying to get simple parts for. I bought it as a binder and thought it would be easy to switch it over to non binder when I need to but NO. Does anyone who has the 335 use any of the other holster or stirrup style needle plates? and how does it handle? Every Sewing machine salesman that I speak to tells me that binder machine are a special purpose machines and cant be used as a non-binder and If I intend to use it as a non-binder then I need to buy a non-binder machine. And that the mechanisms are different to a non binder! Well Ive looked in the cylinders of both and it all looks the same to me. Just the feed dogs, needle plate, Cylinder cover and presser feet are different. Any thoughts on this?

Edited by najram2007

My 345 has a binding feed, the bottom transporter (feed dog) goes back and forth only. (to power the synchronized binder) When I use the machine for other stuff I changes the feed dog and needle plate. Then I lower the feed dog a bit under the plate or else it disturb the feed. Then you have top and needle feed left, bottom feed is not much used on leather anyway. When you use smooth feed dog and feet`s the needle does most of the feeding anyway. The machine perform good on regular leather work.

Tor

Thanks Tor, I also live 10 min from Utrecht.

You are welcome, I think Utrecht is the nicest city in Holland. Both Amsterdam and Rotterdam are to big and have to much crime.

Nice binding job there.

Tor