Cecil

New Central Florida Leather Craft Guild

I am not sure this is the right place to post this, but I am trying to get coverage of the majority of Central Florida members.

Employees at the local Tandy shop and I have been discussing establishing local guild in the Orlando area. We are currently assessing the level of interest. If you would be interested in joining please contact me.

Good Luck Cecil! I hope you can get one together! I bet the guys there can get quite a few of the customers interested.

My suggestion is to start with a "meeting night" and use it to break the ice, check out work and throw around ideas. Then work into a regular "guild" structure.

I am getting ready to help get one going here in the Boston, Southern NH area......if you guys got any ideas that might help share them here, I bet there are many others who might want to do the same where they are!

i am ALL for it...if it takes off perhaps we could get a table at the local gun & knife shows every so often in time as well

Good Luck Cecil! I hope you can get one together! I bet the guys there can get quite a few of the customers interested.

My suggestion is to start with a "meeting night" and use it to break the ice, check out work and throw around ideas. Then work into a regular "guild" structure.

I am getting ready to help get one going here in the Boston, Southern NH area......if you guys got any ideas that might help share them here, I bet there are many others who might want to do the same where they are!

So far there have been 6 people respond. There is a sign up sheet at the Tandy store here in Orlando. If 10 -15 people to sign up I think that will show enough interest to make it worthwhile. Otherwise there is a good chance the guild would not last due to lack of interest.

Edited by Cecil

i got a cpl guys to sign up the other day and i know there will be more. i woud LOVE to see this happen

Due to my work schedule, I don't think I would be able to participate, but If I can be of assistance I would help.I do the Melbourne Gun show on occassion and I have a large Exotic hide distributor by my shop.I hope you all get a bunch.Dave

I am new to the forum and leather working as well. Did this group ever get off the ground?

I am interested in forming a leather guild. I tried to do this two years ago but was unsuccessful. You cantact me from here, on facebook or thru my email cwakelin@bellsouth.net.

Any update on this topic? Would love to have guild in the Central Florida Region.

Any updates? I just moved to cape canaveral last year, and I’m very interested in this.

I have 6 totes of leather craft tools and supplies from my Mother, who was a guilded leather craftswoman during her lifetime.  If you are interested in purchasing any or all of the leather craft tools and supplies, please text me at 954-294-3840.  

On 6/27/2022 at 11:11 AM, Skins said:

I have 6 totes of leather craft tools and supplies from my Mother, who was a guilded leather craftswoman during her lifetime.  If you are interested in purchasing any or all of the leather craft tools and supplies, please text me at 954-294-3840.  

@Skins Please post for sale items in the Marketplace Forum.  Also read the rules for the marketplace.  This is not the correct place to post items for sale.

https://leatherworker.net/forum/forum/69-marketplace/