philarryous

Items I Designed, Been Away From Leather Work 30 Years,let Me Know What You Think

Here are some items i designed , have a look and leave a comment to let me know what you think.. all pattern were drawn up by me, I did Leather work from age 12 - 20.. just started back up last year after being away from it for 30 years. I like experimenting and trying new things, i get ideas and just start drawing up a pattern and before you know it , its done....there are times I will use a pre designed pattern if i like it enough, or alter it to suit my needs. there are some great leather workers here on this site and some soon to be great leather workers..keep up the great work and those who are new, dont give up trying, it will come..the reason we are here are to help each other grow..all you need to do is ask for help and everyone here seems to be happy to help...this is a great site.and a big THANK YOU to everyone that are here to help others out in there quest of mastering this craft...no matter how much you know , you can always learn something new..I learned that the real riches come from sharing your craft and knowing you helped someone and made a friend along the way, not by keeping it to yourself and just selling items. money dont last forever..one last thing, if someone helps you out , a thank you goes along way, an if you can sometime ,return the favor by helping someone else out. Have a creative day..cheers

Very nice looking work. You seem to have a grasp of the design aspect of the craft.

Very interesting look with the stamping. Kind of an old world look. Reminds me of really old maps.

Do you use regular stamping inks?

Wow....great work philarryous, I love your laced items, if I can get to that level I'll be very happy

thank you guys for the comments, glad you like the items, im here to help in anyway i can, if anyone needs it. i dont know every thing but will help where i can. just ask and ill try my best to help...cheers

i checked out you guys work, nice items..bissetdesign, who did your stamp with your logo.. very cool looking and great job..hope you guys do well with your items.. i use to sell items years ago, started up an etsy shop awhile back , but dont have any items in it yet..maybe some day i might. , i mostly do for family and friends,i find once it becomes like a job you loose the pasion, for me anyway....cheers

I know what you mean by it becoming a job. That is exactly why I, for the most part, only sell finished items that I was inspired to make and avoid custom orders. On rare occasions I will accept an order but only if I am inspired by the challenge. Don't even ask me to do multiples of the same thing! Talk about it becoming a job!

Loving that shoulder bag. Very Nice!

I really like that passport case with all the stampings (??) on it, . . . "New York", . . . statue or Liberty, . . . etc.

I'm curious though, as to how you got those on there. Was it rubber stamps and ink?

Beautiful work, you do, . . . and if I may, . . . "Classy" describes it best for me. Things can be beautiful, artistic, and still look like cheap dime store junk, . . . but your work does not fit in that category.

May God bless,

Dwight

Great work! I too am just returning to my #1 passion of leather, been away about 12yrs. Will post pics after getting a line of goods back togeather, still getting my shop set up.

post-39504-0-59541800-1361631443_thumb.j

post-39504-0-68896100-1361631225_thumb.j

I USE THE PROFESSIONAL DYE,USE IT IN STAMP PADS, I ALSO USE ARCHIVAL AND PIGMENT INKS, AND SOMETIMES COVA COLOR,, DEPENDS WHAT EFFECT I WANT.. I DYE MY LEATHER LIGHTLY THEN STAMP, ALWAYS DRY IT BETWEEN STEPS.., YOU HAVE TO SEAL IT AFTER WITH LEATHER SHEEN. YOU WILL HAVE TO PRACTICE AND EXPERMENT WITH DIFFERENT INKS AND DYES TO SEE WHAT WORKS FOR YOU ON SCRAP BEFORE PUTTING IT ON YOUR PROJECT,, I BUY MY STAMPS ON EBAY , MICHEALS OR ANYWHERE I CAN, I BUY WHAT I LIKE THEN I KNOW I WILL LIKE IT , AS IN THE WALLET , I LOVE DRAGONFLIES., . ITS NOT A SCIENCE ITS A FORM OF ART, YOU HAVE TO HAVE AN EYE AND A CREATIVE TOUCH TO DO THIS IN MY OPINION..I DID ALOT OF EXPERMENTING AND WAISTED ALOT OF LEATHER TRYING TO GET THE NACK FOR THIS.. LIKE ANYTHING , YOU HAVE TO PRACTICE AND EXPERMENT AND TRY MAY DIFFERENT THINGS..HOPE THIS HELPS.. AND THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT COMMENTS

WELCOME FRANKO 2 , LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR WORK, TAKE CARE