avimeso

Wanted Plough Gauge

Talk to Bruce Johnson, he's a member. Or his website is www.brucejohnsonleather.com

I also recommend Bruce Johnson's tools. I've bought some beautiful tools from him. All I've bought have come to me scrupulously clean and the blade/cutting edges are sharp.

Triple ditto on contacting Bruce. You can also check his website at www.brucejohnsonleather.com

And since my ears are burning...... here's the update and game plan. Plough gauges are up next as of tomorrow on my semi-sabbatical from leather tooling in favor of leather tools. I have a few plough gauges on my website right now and several more to work up. I will have another 15 or so pretty soon. Mostly Blanchards with some Dixons and a Brindley or two. Draw gauges? There are about 45 more ready, just need to get pictures, descriptions, and get them onto the site. They range from cast metal handles to brass and rosewood infill models. One prize winning suggested ad line described my gauges as "They range from bare knuckle bruisers to good-lookers-yet-users".

Just to chime in, Bruce is the guy to go to for used, serviceable tools. I have a Plough gauge from him, that makes me smile each time I reach for it.

Bob