RoughRider

Looking For Jim Simmons 1863 Cavalry Holster Pattern #6000-62

I am looking for Jim Simmons 1863 cavalry holster pattern #6000-62. Can't find it anywhere, the outfit that took over Hidecrafter doe not list it. Tried contacting Jim Simmons via PM with no luck, he has not been on the forum since March 31 2012 (I hope he is doing ok). I am interested in seeing what it looks like (iare the flap and belt loop separate parts from the holster body) and purchasing it.

RoughRider

Edited by RoughRider

Care to share?

RoughRider, I have been looking for Jim Simmons pattern's as well. Did you find a source and would you be willing to share who that source is?

Thanks

Camano

same here,

been looking for that patterns too, do you still want to share???

cheers,

GUnter

I would like to see it also thanks

I would like to see it two.

I would like to see it to.

Well gosh folks, I am as happy as puppy with a new flea collar that y'all love that pattern. It's a dandy for you Civil War and early Cavalry Re-enanctors. The pattern used to be available at Hide Crafters up till they went out of business and was the patterns were taken over by Silver Creek. But, after not hearing from them for a few years I looked around online and found that Double K was handling my pattern sets.

After a long talk with thier owner, (nice fellow) I found out that Silver Creek took a powder on me. Sooooooo, being as I still retain the copyright on these, if y'all can't find something, feel free to get with me. We'll get it done.

Missed you guys, sorry I been away so long. The oil field has had me a wee bit busy but things are getting better.

Jim

I would like to see it also if it is still available, skanofsky@hotmail.com thanks Stu...

I actually think I bought it from hide crafters that kit and the cap and ammo pouch kit. I made several pouches off that kit but never made the holsters iirc it had a 58 and that one in it.

Can I have a look at those patterns? Thanks

Me too I like making flap holsters , mainly for myself never sold any . Guess I'm practicing on myself or I'm to critical with my own .

Fellers, I posted the patterns for the 1863 Civil War Holster in the Gunleather Section. Have a look and have fun.

Jim

thanks jim, great to see you back amongst us !

I'm also interested in these patterns. Would like to have them.

Thanks.

bemavu go to the Holster Sling Knife sheath forum he posted the pattern there as a downloadable PDF

I'm still learning how to use this site, I looked on the holsters and sheaths forum, and did not find it, do you have a date it was posted? thanks Stu...

He posted it on Aug 17 2014 as 1863 civilwar holster on the Gun holster, Rifle slig, Knife sheath forum. Here is the link, http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=57758

Post 1 is the patter post 2 are the instructions you will want to down load both PDFs.

Edited by camano ridge

Darn Camano, I may have to put you on the payroll.

Jim

No problem Jim. I am cheap labor "Will work for patterns" :cowboy: