JojoSinclair

Quick Question On Roller Guides.......

OK, so I understand that most machines in the same class are pretty much identical. In this case, I refer to the Cobra Class 18, The TechSew 2700 and the Cowboy CB227R..............

Both the Cowboy and the TechSew can be bought and fitted with an optional roller guide, however, the Cobra does not have a roller guide built for it. The Cobra might be the more suitable machine for the user in that is has a true flat bed table.

Would the roller guides from the TechSew or the Cowboy fit the Cobra Class 18, since they are reasonably identical machines?

Is there a universal roller guide that would fit the Cobra out there? Anyone got a link for that?

Thanks for your time.

You should call Steve at Cobra machine and ask. The answer is probably yes. If there are two mounting holes on the back of the machine head then you can mount one. I had a Cobra class 17 and it didn't have any mounting holes but I just drilled and tapped two myself and was able to mount one. Kwok hing makes nice ones. They are designed for specific machines but most machines will work. You just might have to drill a hole here or there to make the, fit correctly.

Andrew

OK, so I understand that most machines in the same class are pretty much identical. In this case, I refer to the Cobra Class 18, The TechSew 2700 and the Cowboy CB227R..............

Both the Cowboy and the TechSew can be bought and fitted with an optional roller guide, however, the Cobra does not have a roller guide built for it. The Cobra might be the more suitable machine for the user in that is has a true flat bed table.

Would the roller guides from the TechSew or the Cowboy fit the Cobra Class 18, since they are reasonably identical machines?

Is there a universal roller guide that would fit the Cobra out there? Anyone got a link for that?

Thanks for your time.

Techsew 2700 and Cowboy 227 are cylinder bed machines, Cobra class 18 is a flatbed machine. Some products require the use of a cylinder machine, some a flatbed machine - a cylinder machine with flatbed attachment gives you both options.

Roller guides are often a custom job - sometimes they require you to tap mounting holes to install.

Ron

I've put these on some of the newer style Highlead GC22618-8B , Consew 227R, all copied from Seiko PW-8B machine. Some of the newer models have two holes on the back near the presser foot lifting lever that we can mount the guide onto without drilling and tapping holes.

SeikoPW-8B.JPG

Hi JoJo. Yes the COBRA Class 18 has an adjustable roller guide that screws to the bed of the machine. There are a couple types, like the one that Gregg has pictured that flips up and out of the way. The cost could be up towards a $100.00 or more, but the screw on type is included as part of the accessory kit on the Class 18. Ronnie is right when he says that you may have to tap holes to make the flip up roller guide fit. Steve