Keeleon Ohms

Can Someone Tell Me What This Is?

I got this at a thrift store several years ago, because I thought it looked cool, and thought it was some kind of a corset or harness. I have never been able to figure out what it's supposed to be. I don't ride horses, so I'm thinking it might have something to do with that. Ideas?

2013-02-10_22-42-33_667.jpg

First thing that came to mind was a kidney belt, but those straps on top wouldn't fit that theme. They're probably the key to what it is.

That's what I thought it was when I bought it, but the closure straps make no sense, they should be further out to the top and bottom otherwise it gets a weird pucker and doesn't connect properly. and the picture is actually upside down from how I would assume it would be worn. But then what are the straps on the bottom (or top...)? They would either be for like suspenders or...?

Leather micro mini skirt?

Leather micro mini skirt?

Nope, tried that too. It makes no sense as an article of clothing with the 2 buckles in the center and not at the edges. I mean it MIGHT be, but it looks very well put together and I have a hard time believing it's this nice and doesn't close securely. My best guess is there's supposed to be another piece between the 2 ends of the buckle. I was just hoping someone would take one look at it and say "oh clearly you're not a _____, thats a _____!" :(

What are the dimensions on this? It almost looks like an old style "jowl/neck sweat" for show horses..They are made out of neoprene now, but they may have made them out of leather back in the day. Just a thought..

What are the dimensions on this? It almost looks like an old style "jowl/neck sweat" for show horses..They are made out of neoprene now, but they may have made them out of leather back in the day. Just a thought..

See, that's the kind of "I have no idea what you're talking about" I was hoping for!

The yellow thing under it is a 24" ruler for scale. So it's prolly like 34" across.

Looks like a under bust corset to me.

Looks like a under bust corset to me.

That was my first thought and why I bought it. However, it has no curve to it, and fits terribly on a woman that isn't shaped like a tin can. And if you try and wear it curve down, the curves make no sense lining up with the crotch, but if you try it curve up, the curve is WAY too wide for "normal" breasts. Keep in mind this is the whole thing laid out flat, and it wraps around me tightly with a 38 inch waist. If you were looking at it with the back folded up under it, it looks exactly like an under bust.

Any other tries?

This may be a bit of a stretch, but...

post-21513-0-02551500-1363055067_thumb.j

This may be a bit of a stretch, but...

post-21513-0-02551500-1363055067_thumb.j

Wow that looks amazingly close, except this would have to be for a giant with 40 inch biceps>.<

well then why not around a thigh instead of an arm?

http://www.chicksaddlery.com/page/CDS/PROD/2200/NNS245

I was thinking maybe something like this..not quite sure how the halter would slide through the loops though. The buckles would do up at the top of the neck, with the fitted part under the jaw. I've never seen one like that, but the dimensions fit anyways.