Hello all. I'm interested in crafting some armour. I've done a fair bit of research and i think i have the general idea, but i'd like to have a good reference book, or How To book on hand to see what else i might need and just for general knoledge, i want to avoid wasting too much leather, considering the cost. any suggestions?

The most instructional material I've come across for making leather armor has been on the web sites of the SCA and some of its chapters. I've also seen some information on sites about historical re-enactment. Sorry I don't have any links for you, it's not really my specialty, but a search on google along those lines will probably get you connected up with them. There may also be someone on this site who has done that kind of work and be willing to share what they know.

Check out deviant art. Search for leather armor tutorials and there is some good info. I also agree that the sca sites are a good source.