mrdabeetle

Medieval/renaissance/fantasy Pattern Pack

Does anyone know how the chest and back plate armor goes together? The holes don't line up or I don't understand how it goes. Trying to make it out of poster board to see how it goes together. Any help would be appreciated. thank you. John

$(KGrHqZ,!pIFHHFRnkl8BR5ZJyq-0Q~~60_57.J

This is the inside of a spaulder. All of the plates cascade off of leather straps that run vertically on the inside. The breastplate is attached to the 'body' plate on the outside using a short buckled strap with a few holes for adjustment spaced 1/4" apart in the front and a short riveted strap in the back. The chest and back are buckled on the outside like in this pic.

15th_century_italian_by_Wookieoftheyear.

As for scaling the armor, these are for a generic proportioned male. Parts can be altered to fit. You will need to do a poster print, leaving the scale at 100% (not fit to page) as seen below.

post-21513-0-21268600-1424753133_thumb.j

Edited by mrdabeetle

Thank you for explaining that and sharing everything. John

Very nice thanks for taking the time to do this. I adapted some of this to a piece I'm working on.

864120dd80c75d0312b25a642ad812da_zps198a

A Huge thank you for the share of these patterns! You da man Mrdabetle!

Go back a page to post 135 the link is there.

Thank's for sharing.

Thank you for sharing these!

Hi, can't wait either ! This is precious ;)

thank's so much to share , it's really appreciated !!!

Just wanted to throw in my thanks as well. This should be a very interesting adventure, lol ;).

Thank you for all your time and effort creating these 

much appreciated 

Thank you so very much for sharing your patterns.  I've been working in leather with Texas Renaissance and Sherwood Forest fairs since 2011.  It is awesome to add new idea's to my arsenal and having new patterns to play with.  I'm like a kid in a candy store right now.  Thank you so much. 

Edited by Northmount
removed dead links

5 minutes ago, BrazilianGuyMonaco said:

Hey guys. Can someone convert it to metric system? I'm Brazilian and here we use metric instead of imperial.

It's simple to make the conversion ;) just multiply the given inches by 2.54cm, or by 25.4mm if you want the result in mm! And there's also many online sites that convert easily :)  

An example : https://www.inches-to-cm.com/

Hello,

Yes, I would be very grateful in getting copies of any armor patterns you might have.

Thanks BigTime!!!

RWS

Just Wow,

Thanks so much and You are the Man!!!

I sure do hope that you will do more pattern paks in the future. You are definitly a Blessing!

I'm new here and am very grateful for these! Thanks very much!

Mrdabeetle - Thank you for this awesome resource.  I'm working on making the chest armor and I have some questions about the piece you have labeled "Belly".  What is the purpose of the fold?  Does the leather get folded back under or forward and over?  Does the strap get attached before folding the leather?  Do you have a picture of the completed armor?

17 hours ago, Faircd01 said:

I know it’s been years, but does anyone have a link to these patterns? The old google drive link is unfortunately dead.

Some info here https://www.deviantart.com/azmal/gallery

The OP hasn't been back here for over a year.

This is a perfect example of why photos and files should posted here instead of using 3rd party hosting.  Any changes in permissions or locations result in dead links making the thread almost useless.

On 2/24/2022 at 4:58 PM, Northmount said:

Some info here https://www.deviantart.com/azmal/gallery

The OP hasn't been back here for over a year.

This is a perfect example of why photos and files should posted here instead of using 3rd party hosting.  Any changes in permissions or locations result in dead links making the thread almost useless.

Hi @Northmount, I got all the patterns saved in my PC; if you wish I can send them to you and you post them!

Edited by SamB