Chief31794

Staying Ahead Of Gun Control

One customer ordered 4 holsters this week, two are for the same weapon one for the hip and a IWB as well.

The black is the IWB for a Charter Arms .38sp revolver, there is a Antique Brown for a S&W 9MM Auto and an Antique Brown for the Charter Arms .38, and the Red one is for a S&W .22 and designed to be carried in her purse. I had previously made the lady a purse carrier for a .22 revolver as well. All this gun control talk is helping business.

Thanks,

Chief

post-6362-0-87884600-1363224292_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-92566900-1363224297_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-29834500-1363224303_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-64678400-1363224308_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-90772200-1363224313_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-83983500-1363224318_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-45124100-1363224323_thumb.jp

Great work Chief...hope she's not trigger happy!

Those look good Chief. We better all get ready to start packin' I think. The wonderful state of Calorado (cross between California and Colorado) just passed a whole bunch of ridiculous gun control laws today. I'm thinkin' it's about time to strap 'em on and saddle up. Anyway, nice work on the holsters.

Great work Chief...hope she's not trigger happy!

Thanks, me too! I asked her if she carried both of them at the same time.

Those look good Chief. We better all get ready to start packin' I think. The wonderful state of Calorado (cross between California and Colorado) just passed a whole bunch of ridiculous gun control laws today. I'm thinkin' it's about time to strap 'em on and saddle up. Anyway, nice work on the holsters.

Thanks, yeah I have several weapons, but I've been thinking about getting a carry permit. We're still pretty lax here in Georgia so I can carry a loaded weapon in my car/truck or any where on my property with out a carry permit. I have been meaning to go down to the probate office and start the paperwork.

Chief

The only one that was sent to the Governor to sign was the one that requires you to have physical training for your CCW and not just take an internet course. The rest will pass but they have not yet.

I stand corrected. Thanks for clarifying Mlapaglia. I was going off of second hand news. Too bad all the rest will probably pass.

I stand corrected. Thanks for clarifying Mlapaglia. I was going off of second hand news. Too bad all the rest will probably pass.

I am actually thinking of moving out of state because of this. I'll have to wait and see what happens elsewhere. I agree with the requirement to take a physical class but sume of the others, like the magazine limits really bother me.

Great looking holsters! I bet business is booming, the local gun shops can't keep anything on the shelves.

I am actually thinking of moving out of state because of this. I'll have to wait and see what happens elsewhere. I agree with the requirement to take a physical class but sume of the others, like the magazine limits really bother me.

Not sure how much moving will help. I suspect once this snowball gets rolling, there won't be much stopping it.

[snip]

Not sure how much moving will help. I suspect once this snowball gets rolling, there won't be much stopping it.

I agree, this is why Im waiting for things to settle before I decide.

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2013 at 10:39 AM, mlapaglia said:

Not meaning to quibble or argue, but I must comment:

1. The Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States guarantees the right to keep and bear arms. Not a privilege to be exercised within government permitting processes. Not something limited by arbitrary rules or political limitations.

2. I have lived in Colorado for most of my 7 decades. I have seen our laws go from "may issue" to "shall issue". Back in the "may issue" days any one of Colorado's 64 county sheriffs or about 300 police chiefs could issue a concealed carry permit, or refuse to do so, without explanation or stated reason. One sheriff required a letter from a licensed psychiatrist essentially guaranteeing the applicant's mental and emotional stability. Many others simply refused to issue any permits (frequently to avoid any chance of political controversy). Although state laws clearly stated that a permit issued in one city or county was to be honored anywhere in the state, many departments consistently refused to honor any permits other than their own. I knew many retired cops, FBI agents, Secret Service agents, and other retired LEOs who lived in cities or counties that absolutely refused to issue permits. Under our current "shall issue" law any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a firearm and completes a recognized firearms safety program will be issued the permit, valid anywhere in Colorado (and recognized by 30-plus other states under reciprocal agreements).

3. The entire history of gun control laws in the US is based on pre-Civil War laws intended to disarm and disenfranchise certain segments of the population, particularly slaves, freed slaves, immigrants, or religious minorities. Gun control is inarguably about political control, not crime control, not hunting, not self-defense.

4. Requiring training classes, whether on-line or in person, is a matter of inserting the camel's nose into the tent. What level of training? Provided by whom? How many hours, days, weeks, months, or years? When and where will training be made available? How much will it cost? Politicians and bureaucrats, when given an inch, tend to start thinking themselves as rulers.

Sorry, but the folks who drafted the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not freshly home from a pheasant hunt, they were recovering from a traumatic revolution against tyrannical government and insuring against any recurrence.

Accepting the pretexts of the gun control crowd such as "common sense legislation", "reasonable restrictions", "safe storage", registration, permits, licensing, or training requirements is the first step on the slippery slope to loss of all Constitutionally-guaranteed liberties.

Individual rights are rights, not privileges to be granted by bureaucratic whim.

Rant over, for now.

Lobo that's not a "quibble" what you wrote is Fact and thank you for that.

On 5/22/2021 at 12:35 AM, Lobo said:

Not meaning to quibble or argue, but I must comment:

1. The Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States guarantees the right to keep and bear arms. Not a privilege to be exercised within government permitting processes. Not something limited by arbitrary rules or political limitations.

2. I have lived in Colorado for most of my 7 decades. I have seen our laws go from "may issue" to "shall issue". Back in the "may issue" days any one of Colorado's 64 county sheriffs or about 300 police chiefs could issue a concealed carry permit, or refuse to do so, without explanation or stated reason. One sheriff required a letter from a licensed psychiatrist essentially guaranteeing the applicant's mental and emotional stability. Many others simply refused to issue any permits (frequently to avoid any chance of political controversy). Although state laws clearly stated that a permit issued in one city or county was to be honored anywhere in the state, many departments consistently refused to honor any permits other than their own. I knew many retired cops, FBI agents, Secret Service agents, and other retired LEOs who lived in cities or counties that absolutely refused to issue permits. Under our current "shall issue" law any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a firearm and completes a recognized firearms safety program will be issued the permit, valid anywhere in Colorado (and recognized by 30-plus other states under reciprocal agreements).

3. The entire history of gun control laws in the US is based on pre-Civil War laws intended to disarm and disenfranchise certain segments of the population, particularly slaves, freed slaves, immigrants, or religious minorities. Gun control is inarguably about political control, not crime control, not hunting, not self-defense.

4. Requiring training classes, whether on-line or in person, is a matter of inserting the camel's nose into the tent. What level of training? Provided by whom? How many hours, days, weeks, months, or years? When and where will training be made available? How much will it cost? Politicians and bureaucrats, when given an inch, tend to start thinking themselves as rulers.

Sorry, but the folks who drafted the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not freshly home from a pheasant hunt, they were recovering from a traumatic revolution against tyrannical government and insuring against any recurrence.

Accepting the pretexts of the gun control crowd such as "common sense legislation", "reasonable restrictions", "safe storage", registration, permits, licensing, or training requirements is the first step on the slippery slope to loss of all Constitutionally-guaranteed liberties.

Individual rights are rights, not privileges to be granted by bureaucratic whim.

Rant over, for now.

I don't live in the USA. I live in Canada where there is no right to own a gun. I fully support the 2nd amendment