Imapeopleperson

Gun Belt Pattern/pdf

Thanks for sharing

Awesome post, Thanks!!!

Since this was brought back to life, I'd love to get ahold of more eightbits patterns. The original site seems to have gone by the wayside. If anyone has some more of them, please either PM me or just post them for all to share.

Thank you for sharing, this could not have come at a better time. I had a customer order a belt yesterday and although I have made them before this tutorial adds a lot of information I did not know. Thanks again, this is what this site is all about, sharing.

Roy Seifert, aka Eight Bits here. No problem, I originally wrote those articles for the Cowboy Chronicle with the intent to share so please feel free to help yourself. My old web site is long gone, but I still enjoy sharing my knowledge, skils, and patterns. Believe it or not, I just found this forum, but I've been doing leather crafting for over 30 years. :cowboy:

Roy, it is nice to see you here. I have run into your patterns from time to time in various places. I have used a few of them. I woulod like to thank you for your work and sharing your patterns.

This is what I was looking for tonight. Perfect!

I am a docent at a the Chisholm Trail Outdoor Museum near Cleburne, Texas, and wanted a drop style belt for my Remington 1858 pistol I carry there.

Thanks again for sharing this pattern.

The best info on making a gun belt I've seen is john bianci's videos. They not only tell you how to make the patterns, belt and holsters but why you do things that you need to do so it fits just right. A gun belt should be curved and not a straight strip of leather. Iirc it's a 3" difference between the length of the top of the belt to the length of the bottom of the belt. This allows for the difference between you waist and your hips where the belt rides. If you get the chance watch them they are one of the best instructional videos I've seen.