Here's the next order done...or at least one part of the order. This customer also ordered another, more traditional Sheridan style photo album. It's on the bench now. Anyway, this is the first time I'd attempted sunflowers, and I can tell you it was a bit of a stretch. I'm a bit partial to a seed pod center that you hit once instead of a tiny little seeder you have to hit a bazillion times!! Nonetheless, I was pretty happy with how it turned out. I hope the customer likes it as well. Have a look and let me know your thoughts. Stay blessed.

post-7660-0-55397800-1364401475_thumb.jp

Edited by Double U Leather

I really love that, thanks for sharing

I DO like the sunflowers! It's nice to see something different than the norm.

Nice detail & like benlilly1, the sunflowers look superb, I think it works great, beautiful work.

Whats the story with the M= ?

Thanks for the compliments gang. I do appreciate them. I was skeptical about the sunflowers at first, but they turned out pretty nice.

Bisset...the M double bar is the brand of the cutting horse ranch that this album is for.

Did you have a pattern for the sunflower or is it your own design? I ask because a customer just asked me today to make a journal with a sunflower on the cover.

Wow, really stunning sunflowers! And as several have asked above, own design or bought ? Possible to share pattern ?

Dennis, Alvetjarn...thanks for the compliments. As for the pattern, it's my own design. In fact, it's rather redneck the way I did it. I had the size of the circles for the flow of the Sheridan style laid out, and then started the flowers. I started with the centers first. Here comes the redneck part...for the larger flowers, I think I used a quarter and for the smaller flowers I think it was a nickel. Then I drew 4 lines going out from the center, with the first line being straight with where the stem would be. Then I drew 4 more lines evenly spaced between the previous 4. I don't know if that makes sense, but it really wasn't overly hard to do. And, uncharacteristically for me, I actually drew stuff on paper!! I didn't draw the whole pattern, but I certainly did draw some flowers and such before I carved 'em. Since this was the first time I'd done sunflowers, all of the filler flowers, etc. were different as well. Anyway, I hope that helps. Thanks again for the kind words.

Bisset...the M double bar is the brand of the cutting horse ranch that this album is for.

Ahhh thanks, now that makes a bit more sense to me now, I'm sure you guys in the US were thinking "durrrrrr is he really asking that?"

I really like your flowers; they are beautiful. The flowers with the sideview turned out very nice as well.

Thanks again for the nice words. It humbles me to think others view my work as good.

David...I really appreciate your comment. I don't know how to respond to the "as usual" part, other than to say thank you. I guess my "as usual" part is that there are things I'd do different next time, and "as usual" a few oops's in it as well...LOL.

WWH...thank you also. The side view flowers and the "under view" flowers were a bit of a challenge. I never thought about having to change all of the "filler" type flowers to match the main flowers. With what I do typically, it's pretty much a variation of the same thing. Since I'd never done sunflowers, I didn't have any "filler" things in mind until I got to those spots and then all of a sudden I realized I had to get a bit creative. I'm glad you think they turned out well.

Stay blessed gang.

Fantastic work, especially for you first time around with a sunflower. I had seen several notebooks and saddles with sunflowers on them over the past couple of years and every time I think I should try making something with a sunflower. Yours turned out great! I see what you mean about the seeder too. I hadn't considered that little problem!

Bob

Bob,

That little seeder problem wasn't the only one I found along the way...LOL. I sure enough had to think outside of my "typical" Sheridan box to get it done. But, I was happy with how it turned out. Thanks for the nice words.

Thank you ma'am. The second one for this customer is turning out pretty fancy as well. I'm anxious to get it done and the entire order shipped. Have a blessed Easter!

Same to you Double U!! Not long ago we moved my Mother in for age/lonely issues so she is in one spare bedroom, and the other spare is my leather working room (I need a leather working house with all the stuff that's in there lol) anyway, my sister and her kids are here for Easter and we just put a big blow up air bed in that room for them. Needless to say I feel completely grounded like a 2 year old. I can't get to my toys!!! I am also anxious to get stuff done.

Be sure to post pics of the second item, I would love to see!

LOL Renee... I hope now that the Holiday is over, you are able to play again! I'm blessed to have a shop that is separate from the house. In fact, my shop is like my "man-cave". I only wish it were bigger so I could have more toys.

Nice Job!

i find those sunflowers really neat....and i really like them

totally different from sheridan style.....but i really love it! ;)

Thank you Aurelie. The same flow, etc., was used as in traditional Sheridan style, but the sunflowers were definitely different. I'm like you...I kind of like how the flowers look. Thanks again for the nice words.