I started on a rifle sling today for a customer. I've got the tooling done and hope to get it colored tomorrow. I will post more pictures when it's done.

Clint

post-35776-0-83330200-1364530093_thumb.j

Nice design!

I got the rifle sling done. Here is the picture as promised. Thanks for looking.

post-35776-0-81521900-1364777496_thumb.jpost-35776-0-81521900-1364777496_thumb.j

post-35776-0-60187100-1364777515_thumb.j

Edited by clintsdivco

Good way to keep the sling with the correct rifle! :-) Neat idea!

what do you honestly think of the ergonomic swivel blade handle? really.... not just because you have one!

does it make any difference? easier to carve with, learning curve? etc

pete

Thanks for the compliments.

what do you honestly think of the ergonomic swivel blade handle? really.... not just because you have one!

does it make any difference? easier to carve with, learning curve? etc

pete

Pete, I just started doing leatherwork a little over a year ago and I got the ergo swivel blade handle within the first couple of weeks thinking it might help with my carving, but practice is what helped my carving. I liked the feel of the ergo knife better than the one in the Tandy beginners kit, and still do. Since my skills have improved I can do the same things with any swivel knife I pick up, but like the feel of the ergo knife in my hand better than any others. Probably just from being so used to it, and it is the feel that I like, not the performance. For performance I prefer the 1/4 inch hollow ground straight blade over any of the others I have tried (I have only used Tandy's blades since I have started).