DJ1935

Pearson 6 Rein Attachment

I have been asked by Lute to post some photos of my Pearson rein attachment. This is the section in the Pearson handbook related to the attachment and it's operation. Might be of help to others.

post-5220-0-99625900-1364693351_thumb.jp

that's great thanks very much. Regards Steve

Would anyone have a photo of the rein going thru the machine and between the guides?

I have been asked by Lute to post some photos of my Pearson rein attachment. This is the section in the Pearson handbook related to the attachment and it's operation. Might be of help to others.

post-5220-0-99625900-1364693351_thumb.jp

Thank you, I echo what Steve ask for. I too need to see it in use to get the picture.

In advance thanks.

Tor

Thanks Tor, we're making the Pearson rein rounder attachment and matching needle plate, however I would still really like to see an end view of the rein and the leather insert going thru the machine so I can give instructions to buyers. We have experimented here and the result looks correct, however I'd like to be sure before I shoot my mouth off. Regards Steve

Thanks Steve, please let me know if you get some pictures to show the use of it.

Thanks

Tor

HI, thanks for help with how to sew a round rein in a Pearson no 6 rein rounder attachment. My good buddy Jim Beaton came up with the goods as well as a brilliant demonstration of his skills. The production costs have fallen on this attachment and matching plate to Aus $390 if anyone is interested in them. For any Aussie readers, we now have probably Australia's best parts range, both new and used, for the Pearson no 6. There are also 8 machines in stock, some Australian delivered, others from Britain, USA, France and Germany. regards Steve

Hi All, I would like to announce our latest batch of BUSMC Pearson no 6 rein rounder attachment sets. A joint venture between Trevor and Narelle Barlow and ourselves has produced a minor miracle of re manufacturing (in my modest opinion....wink..). The sets are made of hardened and stainless steel and consist of the left roller guide with cutter and the needle plate with cutter. You still need to have the right hand roller guide. Pls see below some photos of some of the batch. regards Steve

post-19343-0-46719600-1383554740_thumb.j

post-19343-0-65148800-1383554783_thumb.j

Steve, they look great. Nice and consistent engineering.

You are inspiring me to get into the workshop and make a drop down sewing guide.

Btw, remember that french swing press i bought. It came up a treat with a cleanup and paint. I bought a set of dies, double cap rivet and a set of four snaps. They all needed the anvil turning down to fit, and the dies all needed shorting, turning down and threading to 5/16 24 tpi. They were all great, all but one which was over hardened in the factory and i could not cut it. So. I just turned up a replacement and they are all setting much better then the old hammer and hope method.

Sorry don't plan on hijacking the thread.

Tony

Hi Tony, nice to hear from you, and nice to hear of your fun with the press. Regards Steve