JinxedDream

Letters Stamped

Hoping this is the right section.

I have an order for a dog collar with a name on it. I never got the alphabet stamps because normally I don't do projects with letters in them. Is there any way I can just carve the letters and then clean them up with a bevel tool? Does anyone have any suggestions? I do have a piece of tracing film that I printed out the letters on in a large block font.

I've also seen "craftaids" listed on SLC. What are these and would they help?

Thanks for any advice, still new at this!

Edited by JinxedDream

Transfer from tracing film, carve and bevel! Looks great, use computer for almost unlimited choice of fonts. Practice on some scrap, if letters are smaller 3/4" or so smaller bevelers are required. By carving and beveling you can also do inverted. Craftaids are plastic with raised ribs that you rub with a modeling spoon to transfer then carve and bevel. I don't really like them but have used them. Ross

Agree with Ross. I use stamps for belts and such but the computer will give you anything you want as far as fonts and sizes for other projects and you don't have to worry about turning a stamp upside down.

David

I always do custom fonts just like any other kind of artwork. Actually, my Craftool letter stamps are pretty much reserved as a "budget" option to save a little time for people. Just trace and transfer like normal, cut, bevel and off you go with any font you want.

Thanks so much everyone! This will make my project much easier. The collar is 1" wide, so that's a decent amount of room to work on.

Everybody who answered pretty much has it right on. There are times I won't even bevel the letters that much and just carge them in with my swivel knife and finish with a modeling tool on the outside edge of the letters (shich I guess is kind of bevelling isn't it)

Craftaid video link:

You can use the back of a spoon if you don't have a modeling spoon to make the impression using the craftaid.