NuNu

Need Help With Mckay Stitcher

Just bought a used McKay stitcher. Pearson Model A. Working great when we bought it. Things shifted in the move and the needle broke right after setting up the machine. Changed the needle and now the stitcher is picking up the second stitch as it moves to the next stitch and hanging on to the second stitch causing the machine to jam up. Not sure where/how to make adjustments to correct this. The needle height? The tension? Both?

Does anyone have experience with one of these stitchers and can offer some tips? Thanks.

post-40623-0-74337900-1364926088_thumb.j

Maybe

will help explain your Mckay stitcher.

You can call Daniel Uptmor at Uptmor Saddlery in Waco, TX 254-848-9934. They have one that they use a lot. I don't know if he can help or not but it is a start..

I live in the Spokane Valley and would be more than willing to take a look at it for you. Send me a private message if you like.

Regards, Eric

Hi, you've probably fixed the problem by now, however if not, its all about the relationship between the needle and the cast off lever beside it. If the needle is bent, the hook bent or worn or mishapen or there is no lubricant in the pot you can have trouble, likewise the wrong thread.

The best advise I can give is to turn it over with a flat piece of leather inserted and watch very carefully to see what the needle and cast off do, if it drops the first loop before pulling the second thru it you should be able to see why. It could be as simple as the needle being the wrong depth or even in backwards, make sure it faces the cast off.

Regards Steve

Eric, I sent you a private message. Can you private message me your phone number so we can set up a time next week to get together so you can take a look at my machine? Thanks. I really appreciate any help you can give me.

Message sent. :)