GT Tack

Help Sewing Machine Issues

Please help,

I have a bgmc machine. Has always sewn great. Broke a needle the other day and ever since it is now skipping stitches every so often and is breaking needles. Have tried adjusting tension. Anyone have any ideas on what it might be?? Have caled the company and have been waiting for a call back for a few days.

I would slowly advance the need manually and see where it's hitting causing it to break.

Post you question here http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showforum=50 for better results.

Kevin

I was having the same problem and determined (with the help of a mentor friend of mine) it was the cheap leather I was trying to stitch on.....if leather isn't tanned properly, there can be patches of rawhide in that leather....and of course, it's hard as a rock.

The needle hits it, and breaks, or can't pass through it to pick up the bobbin thread, thus a skipped thread.

This may not be your problem, but it was mine....I've learned to be patient and wait on my W&C leather to come in, and I haven't had that problem since...knock on keyboard.

I know it may sound silly but is the needle facing the right way!Been there and done that. :oops: