This is my first Biker vest. I made the template and just started cutting. I made this one from 6-7 oz veg tan and a lamb skin liner. The front clips are detachable key rings. I just added a simple border tooling because this vest is getting MC Club patches.

I am now going to start another vests for myself that is heavily carved and tooled. Yes it is going to take forever to break in but this guy will wear this vest everyday for years and years to come so I expect it may not take so long. While it was wet I rolled and rolled it to break the grain and heaviness so it had flexibility.

I oiled it about 4 times and waxed it up.

post-28433-0-83489000-1367483524_thumb.j

post-28433-0-74576100-1367483545_thumb.j

post-28433-0-83733500-1367483563_thumb.j

post-28433-0-74430800-1367483582_thumb.j

post-28433-0-80546500-1367483604_thumb.j

Very cool! I really like that extra flap on the lower back!

That's a real nice cut. It will look really good once it's broken in and should last for years

I think that duster came out the perfect length man. Not too long to feel like it's in the way, but still long enough to do its job.

Wow, that vest is amazing. I never thought it could be made from the thick leather. You mentioned the lamb skin liner. Would you have some pics by any chance? It is interesting to see the liner as well.

:thumbsup: Very cool!

Wow, that vest is amazing. I never thought it could be made from the thick leather. You mentioned the lamb skin liner. Would you have some pics by any chance? It is interesting to see the liner as well.

:thumbsup: Very cool!

Thanks no I didn't take any pics of the inside, It is just black Lamb skin:)

I think that duster came out the perfect length man. Not too long to feel like it's in the way, but still long enough to do its job.

It is exactly the same length as my HD JACKET. Seeing as it is twice as thick as my leather jacket and I have owned and fixed that for the last 18 years I think it will last a lifetime:)

Well it seems I have started a wild fire:) I went to a party last night and got 3 more vest orders and a club that wants rocker panels for 15 guys...oh lord what did I do!

wow i love this one (and i dont even drive a motrcycle). good for you that it created some more work ;)

Very nice! Looking forward to pictures of your new carved and tooled vest when you get it done!

Nice Chancey!!!!!

that vest is awesome!

Hey Chancey how has this vest going now is it still very stiff or settled in a bit

and can i ask what did you use to condition it with

Very nice - I like what you used for closures. As a big cheerleader for Waterhouse Leather, I wanted to mention that they carry 5/6 oz milled veg tan (they have it in black). It's super nice - big clean sides, and costs less than most veg tan, and the thumbling makes it soft too.

Congrats on an awesome job!

Ville told me it is starting to break in. I just used oil and balsams to condition it like anything else. I told him to treat it from time to time to keep up the weather resistance.