I've made about 5 of these so far and I think they get better looking each time. I hate hand-stitching though so I'm saving up for a machine.

Anyone else make these? I'm wet-molding the leather around the phone, putting it in a vacuum ziploc, and then using a foodsaver vacuum to suck all the air out....gives a pretty good impression.

I could improve my punching the stitching holes and sewing. Any suggestions on what you use?

post-5377-0-70204500-1367610754_thumb.jp

post-5377-0-46490800-1367610766_thumb.jp

post-5377-0-19109800-1367610915_thumb.jp

when you start sewing or have to splice, tuck the extra you leave between the leathers and continue on sewing over top of it which will hide you ends. Your stitching holed look pretty good to me. I groove lightly down the leather and run an overstitch wheel down the groove (use a square for both of these steps) and then use a stitching punch to punch the overstitch marks. But a lot of people use chisels instead which automatically keeps your holes aligned and punches at the same time. Cheryl