bluecarpenter

Econosew Brand Machines

anybody know anything about the econosew brand of machines. specifly the 7in post single needle machine. looking to sew at most a 1/4 inch of leather on my shoe uppers. soft to medium temper on the leather. thanks

For what you will pay for a table and motor and the head (say $1600), you can get something like the 5110 for the same price, and brick and mortar advice and service. I have the 8110 which is higher quality and has needle feed but no reverse, and it works great. It is about $700 more, but worth it. I've seen Econosews in factories mostly, but don't know much about the machine line or quality. I do see them a lot at online discounters. Most of the advertisers here handle something similar.

Art

im not needing the table or motor as i already have that. a couple guys i've talked to say that the econosew is better than the new consews that are out now. would be nice to be able to see one. seems like they don't seem to know much about the machines that they are trying to sell.