Hello,

here is my one and only Peacemaker Holster. The used pattern for it, comes from the very helpful book "how to make Holsters" by Al Stohlman. This holster was one of my first experiences in leatherworking and is not really perfect...but it was fun to make it! The gun is not a real one- it is an Hege Modell gun...without a license, weapons like this are strongly forbidden in germany.

Greetings

Danny

post-27274-0-12351100-1368810327_thumb.j

post-27274-0-89711200-1368810355_thumb.j

Nicely done!

I used the same pattern for one of my first stabs at holster-making. The outcome couldn't compete with yours. I only kept it to remind me how I started.

Did you create the carving pattern by yourself? It's different from the two designs the book suggests.

Hi Rudi,

I have tried to combine the patterns in the book. My drawing isn`t that good enough to do carving patterns by my self. So I am looking for different patterns, combine them and have a complete new idea. Please, have a look on this holster quiver for archers...the used pattern is out of the Al Stohlman book and is normally used for gun holsters.

Rudi, ich hätte dir das auch gerne in Deutsch erzählt- wäre wahrscheinlich deutlich verständlicher, aber auch sehr unhöflich in einem englischsprachigen Forum! Aber ich hoffe, Du weißt was ich meine....ähem!

With best regards to Vienna

Danny

post-27274-0-77849300-1368870336_thumb.j

post-27274-0-37179000-1368870402_thumb.j

Hi Danny,

impressive carving on that quiver! The 7-1/2" Colt design fits nicely. It's as if you kept the carving on one side so as not to overcrowd the piece.

Nice, clean work! As opposed to my own pieces that soetimes look like der Kuh aus dem Arsch gezogen (pulled out of a cow's ass).

A while ago I've tried to create my own design for the jockstrap holster in Stohlman's book. I borrowed heavily from Bob Parks book on western floral design. Basically I forced two circles of one of the templates into the outline of the holster and added some small leaves and scrolls. I was rather pleased with the outcome but I botched the actual carving. Since then I'm suffering from posttraumatic stress disorder.

Höchste Eisenbahn, noch einen Versuch zu machen und das Trauma zu überwinden (highest railway to have another go at it in order to overcome the trauma ;)).

Beste Grüße nach Norddeutschland,

Rudi

post-16527-0-74032000-1369041432_thumb.j

thanks for the pattern. ill try it to my navy's holster

Very nice work on both the holster and the quiver!.........................Rory