This is a new wallet that I am working on for myself. This is designed and drawn by me. I still need to finish the edges but I think it is coming along nicely. Thanks for looking.

post-26160-0-55261900-1368922384_thumb.j

post-26160-0-08398000-1368922408_thumb.j

post-26160-0-51227200-1368922422_thumb.j

Nice carving and stamping!

Thank you benlilly1!

You did not ask, but I will comment. Two boldly standing out issues. First is the holes are hugely oversized for the thread. The thread should be tight in the holes. Either use larger thread or smaller/tighter holes. Second, when you are sewing is is very important to always follow the same stitch pattern. Always keep to the left/right every time. You sometimes cross on one side and sometimes on the other.

Aaron

Thanks for the Critique Aaron. I originally was going to use lace to stitch but changed my mind. Now that you point it out, I agree that I need to use a way bigger thread/smaller holes or switch to lace. I still am a newbie to a lot of stuff including stitching. I know I will look at this every time I am finishing a project from now on and question what would look best before I make holes.

Brandon

Aside from the holes and stitch issues, the rest of the wallet is awesome!

Like the design and colors

Really like the snake head. Nice job :)

....still am a newbie to a lot of stuff ....

You will be learning so much stuff that soon your head will explode and you will look just like your avatar.

My head exploded long time ago....hahahaaa....

But I like the design..dito on the stitching, also take care of your edges....need to be burnished and corners rounded or cut ......other than that : just wait till your head explodes....haha..

greetings

James

This is a great design and some solid carving work. I'm really impressed with the dying/coloring job also. did you resist several parts of the design?

I really like it. - Ditto on the holes though (I'm fairly new also so this was my only real constructive input!)

You will be learning so much stuff that soon your head will explode and you will look just like your avatar.

I certainly do love learning new stuff. Thanks

Thanks Jimbob, what do you suggest to use to cut the corners? Is there a good rounding tool or just cutting it out manually?

Thanks Greene, yeah I used block out on the real light parts then dyed and wiped the whole wallet with acorn brown and then went back and darkened the spots I wanted real dark.