upbeat1

Adler 374-140R Industrail Sewing Machine

I recently acquired an Adler 374-140R Industrial Sewing machine. According to the seller the machine was used in the production of car seat covers. The machine has been modified, it no longer has a computer system or air compressor and the new motor is a Retco clutch motor. The company website does not offer any manual for this particular machine. However, they do provide similar manuals. Having an orginal manual would be helpful as I don't want to miss an areas that may require oiling or oil any area that does not require oiling. My concern is basicly maintainting the proper oiling. I understand some motors require luberacation as well but I am unable to locate any info on the Retco motor. Feedback would be great!

Post some pics of the machine if you can. We may be able to figure it out via the pictures adn see what it is close to.

shoepatcher

Here's a pic of my Adler 374. There is a white removal button on the right far corner labeled pg 11. I removed this and added the oil that came with the machine. The oil is labeled Spinesstic 10, which is brownist and thicker than regular sewing machine oil. The black rectangular shaped portion near the oversized tension dial also removes. Any suggestions will be greatly appreicated.

post-41911-0-36819100-1369181588_thumb.j

Thanks for the input and web links. The machine is apparently in the vintage line. ADLER 467 does appear to be similar and most helpful! Thanks again.