AlexLeather

Recoil Shoulder Shield

I've gotten asked to make a recoil shield out of leather. I'm not too familiar with shooting yet, but is there anything I need to know or should be aware of in making one? I'm thinking I might need to add a padding insert for underneath the leather for some comfort, obviously.

I make butt covers with recoil absorbers in them. What style are you looking at, how will it be fastened. Is this for shotgun or rifle. I put a pad of sorbothane and highdensity foam in side the butt cup. I take extremely wet leather and mold and shape cup that will cover the butt plate. If you need more help PM me with what you are trying to do and I will offer any tips I can. To make it fit properly you will need to have posession of the gun during construction. I make enough that I have either bought stocks or made seudo stocks for shaping. After re reading your [post i aamy have miss read it, are you looking to make a shoulder shield like in the last picture. If so I would use suede or rough out leather to give more grip against the butt of the gun and yes I would line with sorbothane and foam.

post-15001-0-84746000-1370198622_thumb.j

post-15001-0-48930000-1370198656_thumb.j

post-15001-0-37349300-1370198690_thumb.j

post-15001-0-82912500-1370198743_thumb.j

post-15001-0-12635100-1370199678_thumb.j

Edited by camano ridge