Schpacko

Belt Buckle: Nickel Plating Rubbing Off

I am using the "midtown buckle" from Tandy for one of my standard dressbelts. Now i got this picture from a costumer. He got the belt for about half a year and it looks like the nickel plating starts to rub off.

Is this normal? Can this be avoided? And if not, is there a way to "re-coat" the buckle?

Thanks

post-21032-0-97673700-1370240003_thumb.j

I don't think there's much you can do about that unless you replace the buckle. Most low quality plated hardware will wear off pretty quick.

If your guarantee covers that (mine does), think seriously of going with solid brass or stainless steel hardware from now on. It's a bit more expensive, but considering what you're faced with, it's cheaper in the long run. Just my opinion.

Okay, thank you. Unfortunately, these buckles aren't really cheap, they're actually rather expensive...

Do you guys have some good resources for "nice" stainless steel buckles? For some reason, the only stainless steel buckles i can find are roller buckles.

Tandy hardware is cheap but expensive; costs them little but they charge a lot of it. Tandy all over really.

I get all my hardware from Beiler's Mfg & Supply (717) 768-0174

It is business the old way. They don't use computers nor do they have a website. You need to call them for a catalog and phone your orders in.

Their prices are great, The service is quick and they are great people to work with. Very efficient too.

They make horse tack and associated hardware also.

Edited by Spence