PcCowboy

Unwanted Phone Calls

Yesterday I recieved 3 phone calls on my business cell phone with the caller ID of "Unknown" When I answered there is no one there but country and western music playing in the background. So I stopped answering the phone since I only have 300 min a month. Got up this morning and there were 11 voice messages in 30 mins from this person all with just the music. Today he has started it again with 6 calls. What can I do about this?

Block it if you have call screen. Which most cell providers don't have/provide.

Might be best to contact your carrier for options. If you dial *611 from your device that should link you to your provider free of charge. (Does here in Canada)

Kevin

Edited by Phatdaddy

Block it if you have call screen. Which most cell providers don't have/provide.

Might be best to contact your carrier for options. If you dial *611 from your device that should link you to your provider free of charge. (Does here in Canada)

Kevin

there is no number to block, it's just "unknown" Also Virgin Mobile doesn't give you the option to block calls

there is no number to block, it's just "unknown" Also Virgin Mobile doesn't give you the option to block calls

Yeah if your provider doesn't offer the service, that can't work at all. If they did it wouldn't matter if you knew the number, because you can block the "last caller". The system knows the number even if it isn't displayed to you.

May still be worth calling them for options.

Good luck,

Kevin

ps. You could always forward your phone to police station or something...(just kidding)

Edited by Phatdaddy

Already sent an support email to them about it.

its probably that dope who tried to rip you off with the saddle making

guys I worked in the telecom industry (land line) for 30 plus years, my brother works for the cell side. Things have changed a lot over the last few years and the biggest problem today is the use of IP telephone equipment. You know those adds you see for Magic Jack and Vonage, they are IP. With IP you have absolutely no way of blocking them, they can spoof numbers (fake) send no caller id name or number so as far as the telephone system is concerned it just goes through. At one time the Do-Not-Call lists were a semi effective way of minimizing the pain in the ass calls but these days they don't mean squat. Sorry to burst your bubble because I hate it as much as you do if not more.