conceptdiba

Group Buy For Edge Paints

Ordered this paint from Beraud and got it delivered to UK. It still cost an arm and a leg to get it delivered - 3 times as much as the actual price of the paint, but it was totally worth it - the paint is very easy to work with and Fiebings Edge Kote is nowhere near in terms of the look and feel, compared to this one. The only problem is its shelf life, as I'm not sure I will find that much use for 1lt of black and 1lt of red paint by the time it goes off. So if anyone wants some Beraud paint within UK, do let me know.

Mart, If you have tried Fenice paint, or are willing to try it out, it would be nice to compare this with Beraud. I use the Fenice paint, rebranded by Tandy, and it's pretty good.

Bump for anyone still searching and experimenting.

http://www.buckleguy.com/leather-edge-paint/

Also while perusing the Mando.fr web site I found this:

http://mando.fr/fr/325-gomme-arabique-concassee-sachet-250-gr.html

http://mando.fr/fr/consommables/349-ocres-pour-gomme-arabique.html

I haven't tried either of these products.

Edited by thefanninator

Hi Andrew.

Is this CT0 or CT6 from Beraud you're talking about?

Charlie

What's the difference between teh CT0 and CT6?

Ordered this paint from Beraud and got it delivered to UK. It still cost an arm and a leg to get it delivered - 3 times as much as the actual price of the paint, but it was totally worth it - the paint is very easy to work with and Fiebings Edge Kote is nowhere near in terms of the look and feel, compared to this one. The only problem is its shelf life, as I'm not sure I will find that much use for 1lt of black and 1lt of red paint by the time it goes off. So if anyone wants some Beraud paint within UK, do let me know.

Hi Mart, I was wondering if you still have some ink; I'd like to buy some to give it a try.

If not, I think I'd buy to Beraud, so if someone wants any colour we can distribute it in portions. I'm from Spain, so maybe heavy shipping is not as expensive as the US or Canada.

Hi Mart, I was wondering if you still have some ink; I'd like to buy some to give it a try.

If not, I think I'd buy to Beraud, so if someone wants any colour we can distribute it in portions. I'm from Spain, so maybe heavy shipping is not as expensive as the US or Canada.

Hi Enrique, I've still got plenty and almost a year later the paint looks good. How much do you want? Royal Mail seems to offer quite low prices on deliveries to Europe, so I can send you up to a few hundred millilitres. I am also planning to buy more colours (once I find a reliable source for exotic skins in Europe) and we can always split the cost. Let me know.

I read this thread ( and also the thread about the regad edge / filet tool from mando in France ) last night while looking around the site here, got me thinking, so I researched a while and made some phone calls.

First, I spoke with Beraud, their minimum size is indeed 1kg ( they also do 5kg , 10kg etc ), they won't do smaller ( like 250gr - would be about 250ml or a half pint ) , but, as I used to get my custom paints made for me in small quantities here in France, I can get smaller containers ( metal or shatterproof plastic ) for paints etc.

Beraud are happy to supply me at "trade prices" ( being a French registered business helps to get better rates ) colours in sizes of 1kg and upwards. I can "split" Beraud's into 250gr ( or around half a pint containers ) and send to USA or to UK etc, I'd prefer to send more than just one 250gr container at a time , but if someone only wants one small container of just one colour ( the shipping to the USA or UK might hurt for just one, but I'll know more when I get shipping quotes in next week ), I can do it.

I'd prefer that say 4 people ordered 250 gm of the same colour(s) so I'd not be out of pocket or "stocking" ( I just dont want to get stuck with any of this stuff myself as I dont use it, we make mainly lingerie and adult stuff, use mostly red and black leather, I dont' have use for a lot of what you guys use, but If I can help out with French suppliers or sources, then as I said in my "intro post", I will try my best .

Beraud are sending me colour swatches and pricing overnight ( my time ) , I should have them by midday Friday.

Anyway, I'll post when I do get them.

Next..the "edge tools" that some of you saw on the mando site, I phoned the Boss ( Mr Regad ) of the company who actualy make them.

Another really nice guy, good sense of humour . He is working out "wholesale" prices for me, he'll send them on to me next week ( he's very busy until the weekend, and in France few people work weekends ), pricing should be better than mando are offering, he is also perfectly happy making them to run on 110V ( so no need for transformer boxes etc ) and with USA type plugs for me, that "detail" should not cost any extra as he has already made some for export in bulk in the past.

They make all their stuff "in house", control boxes, handles, tips etc, so 110V or 220 V is all the same to him, as long as I don't ask him for just one control box. He hinted that 5 is a nice start number for him.

Again, this is not at all the sort of thing that I'd use for our own work, so I 'm not going to buy them for us, but I'm happy to get "trade" pricing and pass it on, again I won't know prices for shipping until next week. Depends on total weight of each package.

Hope this can be of use to you guys ? ..Mike

I'm "double posting" this into the edge paint thread and the what is this tool thread, because I don't know who is following which thread, if that is a problem for mods or admins please move the ots or paragraphs as you see fit, long as it still makes sense

Any other French suppliers and sources that anyone would like contacting let me know, I'm gradually reading old threads here to get a better feel for the place, these two threads I found, there have probably been others, as the kind of equipement and paint/inks/dyes that many of you use is not the kind of thing that I'd come across making what we make then I can't "suggest", but I can always make phone calls etc, and usually get good pricing.

Edited by mikesc

Mikesc,

Very generous of you to go through all that communication. I am new around here as well but love seeing a post like yours, and really appreciate this community's wealth of knowledge and distribution of members around the world. I would be interested the paint in a gold color, possibly 07-03 according to color chart . Do Beraud make matte and gloss finishes? I would not be interested in the heated edging tools as the thin veg tan leather I work with may burn.

Would love to see some examples of work from anyone who has used this paint. Intrigued by all the praises I've read but haven't seen too many in shop pics.

I've got pricing, finally* ( seems high for what it is, but there you go, luxury coloured French water with added soluble resins to make luxury leather goods probably is supposed to be expensive ), I suspect that I was given "standard retail" pricing for the 1 litre amounts at least. pricing drops quite quickly at 5 or 10 litres etc per colour.

I'm now looking into the costs of shipping it ( via Post or Carrier ) out of France if I split it into 250 ml containers, also waiting to hear from Regad ( as I mentioned in the other thread ) as their "control" systems weigh heavy.

Which may well factor into some peoples interest.

I caught the tail end of an item on the national news here a few days ago, about a €0.10 increase in the price of posting a letter within France coming soon, that may also mean that international parcels rates will go up ( they are already high ), so I need to try to get some sense out of our little village post office about that.

*When I have it all confirmed and worked out I'll get in touch with anyone who has expressed an interest in this thread and in PMs to me via Pms.

Edited by mikesc

I've got pricing, finally* ( seems high for what it is, but there you go, luxury coloured French water with added soluble resins to make luxury leather goods probably is supposed to be expensive ), I suspect that I was given "standard retail" pricing for the 1 litre amounts at least. pricing drops quite quickly at 5 or 10 litres etc per colour.

I'm now looking into the costs of shipping it ( via Post or Carrier ) out of France if I split it into 250 ml containers, also waiting to hear from Regad ( as I mentioned in the other thread ) as their "control" systems weigh heavy.

I caught the tail end of an item on the national news here a few days ago, about a €0.10 increase in the price of posting a letter within France coming soon, that may also mean that international parcels rates will go up ( they are already high ), so I need to try to get some sense out of our little village post office about that.

*When I have it all confirmed and worked out I'll get in touch with anyone who has expressed an interest in this thread and in PMs to me via Pms.

Thanks Mike for all this work :spoton:

Hi mike

Have you been able to get any updates on this?

I am actually interested in trying to order a litre of the black to see how it goes...

Thanks for the hard work you are putting there !

Hi Mike,

i live in Germany, and would like to buy some Beraud print to try, do you have any left?

Hi Enrique, I've still got plenty and almost a year later the paint looks good. How much do you want? Royal Mail seems to offer quite low prices on deliveries to Europe, so I can send you up to a few hundred millilitres. I am also planning to buy more colours (once I find a reliable source for exotic skins in Europe) and we can always split the cost. Let me know.

Hi Mart,

do you have any Beraud paint left? can i buy some from you?

Hi Mikesc, Any news about the edge paint, I would like to buy some and try it

Thanks

Tor

Thank you, but I do not need to buy that edge paint anymore because I bought the Italian Giardini edge Paint instead; http://www.leatheredgepaint.com/

I am very happy with that edge paint so far. It is a new and time consuming product where you do not have to burnish and round (edge bevel) the edges anymore. It works with heat treatment as well. Allot of nice fashion colors like fluorescent and glitter edges, along with normal matte and shiny colors. You can even get your own colors mixed. The best are that you can buy small quantities of it and you get a free trial pack to test them out. Their main partners are the Stahl group and OMAC leather machinery. I am very happy with the paint I have tested so far, it gives a "stunning" result. When I ordered my first trail packs (fashion and standard packs) I had to pay for the shipping my self of course, but I received eight 250 ML bottles with different paint for free. That's two liter of different edge paint for free. Make sure you order their roller applicator-pen or buy one from Tandy (on sale now to 9 $) or from Campbell Randall. Because this paint has to be applied in a thick layer to build an round edge. And this paint will not come off easy, its like its welded to the edge. Try it out yourself and see.

Thanks

Tor

Right, my paint is not usable anymore. It degraded very quickly over the last few months, but hey, it survived for one year longer than the manufacturer recommended, so, not bad at all.

But now to the main issue - I'm out of paint and need some of it sooner rather than later. Is anyone still up for buying a jug and splitting it between us, smth like 250ml each?

Edited by Mart99