I would like to thank everyone for the inspiration / helpful hint's I have receivied . I have been a member for a year or two and this is my first post . LET ME HAVE IT GOOD OR BAD . The gun rig is two layers of 5-6 oz drum dyed from RJF. I do not have a machine so it's all hand stitched .post-22675-0-62933800-1371438990_thumb.j post-22675-0-18893400-1371439040_thumb.j post-22675-0-45315500-1371439089_thumb.j

I think it looks damn fine. It could be that the picture is a bit blurry, but I'd say treat your ammo loop edges as nicely as you did on the holster itself. That seems to be a common thing I see on western holsters. Easy enough to smooth up before sewing. Again , it could just be the picture.

If John Wayne would have seen it, . . . he'd a probably said, . . . "Ya done good, pilgrim".

May God bless,

Dwight

That is a nice holster and belt. I have been thinking of trying my hand at that style, I tihnk there is one in Al Stohlmans holster book.

Very Nice! I really like the concho. Everything looks smooth and eye appealing.

Thanks for the kind word's guys . This was my first cowboy style holster and belt rig I do mostly concealed carry holsters . It was a a lot of stitching but I learned a lot from this project . Sooper Jake , I was kinda thinking the ammo loops would look good not burnished . Or maybe I just got lazy .

Nice work.

Very nice holster / belt! Hand stitched? How long did it take just to do the sewing? (Lay out to final stitch?)

I find currently I spend as much time Stitching as I do for the entire rest of the process.... Hand stitching doubles my time.

Edited by Greybeard