wearXpattern

Hello From A Beginner Eager To Learn

Hi everyone,

My name is Evan and I'm a Wind Turbine Technician from northern Iowa. I have been tooling leather for a couple of months now and excited to learn all I can about this art. My wife and I have a beautiful one year old daughter so it's hard to find time to "quietly" tool leather. So I spend most of my time designing patterns that I'm just dying to tool. This is my first time ever doing anything with an online forum so I hope I'm doing this right and posting in the correct area.

Thanks

Evan

Evan, you are in the right place. Look around, ask a few questions and post up your work!

Mike

Hello, Nice to meet someone also from Iowa. i am from central Iowa and ive been doing leather work for about 5 months and to be honest there are not very many leather workers around Iowa from the research i have done. Ive looked many places high and low trying to find someone to teach me alittle hands on stuff but so far its been all self taught. If i encounter anyone from northern Iowa that can teach you a few things ill post here. If you ever make it to des moines head into Tandy Leather and they might know someone in your area. I cant see why someone who had many years under their belt wouldnt take a few hours of time to show you some stuff, i know if i had alot of experience i would love to pay it forward.