Solofalcon

My First Book Binding Experiment

Hi Solofalcon,

great looking work!

Where did you find the instructions to do this? I've been wanting to give it a try, but everywhere I look it seems like there's a step missing or it isn't very clear.

Moe

Looks great ... following thread

Thank you. I found some great youtube videos. Basically I followed the 'Textblock' and 'Moleskine' tutorial videos that Sealemon put out. Just type in Sealemon in the search and a bunch of well made tutorials come up.

Very nice. What oz leather are you working with? I want to try my hand at it with tooled leather. I'm unsure about folding the flaps over the casing. What glue did you use?

Thanks for the info, that is exactly what I was looking for! Now i've got another hundred possibilities and projects going through my head, hopefully I'll get one or two of them done. Lol.

Moe

Moe,

That is exactly how I feel. The ideas just start to flow. We will see if it sells on Etsy. Thanks.

All4Christ,

I used pig skin lining leather but with the suede side up, and I used PVA glue as the videos recommend. It works well.

Thank you,

Kevin

White glue (PVA) is flexible when it dries. Yellow carpenters glue isn't flexible when dry, so you hear it crack every time it is bent. Eventually, the noise goes away after it has been bent enough.

Tom