Are you using pro oil dye? Even on edges I've noticed alot of people have alot problems with bleeding edges even after a acrylic sealer.

I didn't use pro oil dye, I used Tandy Pro Waterstain. Just now making the transition to the pro oil dye. I haven't finished anything with it yet though.

Just finished up a couple more gun belts. I'm trying to build up some stock in order to have some items for display at some upcoming gun shows. I think these will be for display only as I don't see myself trying to make a hundred or so belts for immediate sale. But would like to display these so potential customers can see and feel the product.

Very nice workmanship. You might try making one with a stitched keeper and see if you like the look.

After you've got some more under your belt (so to speak), you might take a look at working with 1.5-inch strips to start with. Reduces the amount of work you put into each belt.

Here's my question: How are you positioning these? Are you selling them as heavy-duty gun belts? Because I'm not sure they're heavy-duty enough. We use 8/9-ounce leather for the top AND for the lining, and run a strip of kydex down the center. This makes for a belt that will comfortably support the largest handgun, day-in and day-out.

tk

Very nice workmanship. You might try making one with a stitched keeper and see if you like the look.

After you've got some more under your belt (so to speak), you might take a look at working with 1.5-inch strips to start with. Reduces the amount of work you put into each belt.

Here's my question: How are you positioning these? Are you selling them as heavy-duty gun belts? Because I'm not sure they're heavy-duty enough. We use 8/9-ounce leather for the top AND for the lining, and run a strip of kydex down the center. This makes for a belt that will comfortably support the largest handgun, day-in and day-out.

tk

Thanks for the input.

Your belts look great. Do you seal or put anything on the back/inside of your belts ?

Your belts look great. Do you put any sealer or anything on the back/inside of you belts

The holes are as nice as I have ever seen. How do you get such a clean hole? Those are really high end belts you bought somewhere, right?:)

What machine/thread size did you use? Looks great, just wondering....

Awsome looking belts. How do you do your burnish edge. It is very well done.

I did some research on the needle tip and found Campbell - Bosworth has a chart which explains the various needle tips. Yours are LR which is an angled tip giving the look of an awl hole.

Here is the link to the needle info : http://www.campbell-bosworth.com/supply/needles.html

Great work

Nice belts. Tell me, did you use a light box to take the pictures with? if so whats your configuration and what gear do you have. Many thanks TRK

Please forgive me for any delayed responses. I'm currently on the other side of the world kicking sand.

Red Cent, thank you for the compliment. I dampen the area to be punched then I smack my oval punch with a dead blow hammer.

Toolster, thanks for the compliment. I use a Cobra class 4 with 207 top n bottom. On one of the previous pages I have a photo of the needles used if you need that.

Ran, thanks for the compliment.

Mccottie, thanks for the compliment and info on the needles. I was experimenting with my burnishing at the time. The old tried and true method I use is Bob Park's method. I had just received a wood burnisher for my drill press and I probably used that some too. I prefer Bob Parks method, but is more time consuming.

Trevor, thanks for the compliment. I do use a light box. For the life of me I can't remember the brand though. But its one that's made of vinyl and collapses into a nice little round carry bad. I also have side lamps and an over head lamp. I use a Canon G 12 camera on a tripod. If I was home I'd be able to give you more info.

Good Work

where you get the buckle?

Good Work

where you get the buckle?

Thanks. Got the buckles at buckleguy.com

Very nice looking belt. Question, is that a modified number five buckle?