emcniel

Fire Fighting Templates

I'm new to leather working and starting to do my first helmet shield I was sent to talk to you I am a firefighter in southern Ohio any help is much appreciated

I am just picking up leatherworking as well. I have made a few radio straps and radio holsters. Here is one i just finished the other day.

post-42116-0-44670700-1373127162_thumb.j

I would be interested in sharing. I don't have many patterns but will share what I have. I am looking for some shield patterns and holsters for radios.

Thanks!

I'll take any words of advice on my shield I kinda just took a shield I had traced it on paper and then put it on leather and cut it out

That is also what i did for the shields. I have also used bag stiffener or the thin plastic cutting board material to make templates.

Hi all I am interested in any patterns for gear you might want to share with me. It has been awhile since I have made anything so this might be the sprinboard back Iinto leatherworking I need. Thanks.

I have been thinking of making some gear for a fire fighter friend. I would love to get some templates if you are sharing them!

Was wondering if you guys were still around. Just started making fronts here... wondering what you guys were using for templates, cutting blanks, etc. Also, just looking to chat about making shields.

I have only made a few shields.. I used one of my old shields as the template.

That is what I've done so far as well... would love to have some sort of striking plate made or a technique of cutting multiple blanks at once!

There are companies who make custome clicker dies but what I have found is its pretty pricey. If you are making duplicates and selling then im sure its well worth it.

I am interested in any sort of patterns that you have! I make shields and radio straps also

I am a Volunteer Fire Fighter also new to leather. I'd Love to get any templates or patterns for both Shields and Radio Straps. The guys at the station would much appreciate it.

Anything anyone can share is greatly appreciated by me. Thanks in advance.

mike

I want to make some shields also. I took one of my old shields and scanned it to my computer and traced the outline and the cutouts in CorelDraw. Now all I have to do is print it and I have my pattern. I would be willing to trade my pattern, if anyone is interested in trading.

I know there are different sizes of shields. Are they all the same basic design and just taller?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Thanks

Danny

Edited by danky01

Not to highjack this thread but I hope you guys can help. I suffered a serious bicycle crash last Saturday. I skidded on some sand and slammed into an iron pedestrian bridge at 20mph. I lost consciousness and I spent the rest of the day in the trauma unit. I was was lucky to have no broken bones, only a separated shoulder. The guys who scraped me off the pavement were kind enough to take my bike back to the fire station.

I'd like to make something out of leather as a thank you but I have no ideas what so ever.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Cya!

Bob

Here's a photoshop template I use for shields. There are two styles in the psd, enable/disable the 2 different folders in the layers window.

I print them on an overhead transparency with a laser printer for tracing. Print at 100%, no scaling.

shield.psd.zip

Thanks. Two tips I use..If I want to trace I buy vellum, which is cheaper and traces more easily. I will also print the design in reverse at one or two pixels, place the printed side on the leather and rub the back with acetone. This transfers the toner to the leather.

Cya!

Bob

Here's a photoshop template I use for shields. There are two styles in the psd, enable/disable the 2 different folders in the layers window.

I print them on an overhead transparency with a laser printer for tracing. Print at 100%, no scaling.

Thanks for the file mojo. Just what I have been looking for. Time to play!

Edited by frenchy07

If you guys are still around I wouldn't mind having a template for the radio holster. I've got a few shield templates I could pass along. I had two dies made up that I can use on a press to cut mine out and thats a life saver when trying to stitch two pieces together. Then a third die made to cut out the top and bottom rockers. Makes things pretty quick.

pattern trade. I have shield shapes.. I'd be interested in a radio pouch pattern

I have a template that I just made if anybody is interested. I will post pictures of the final results tonight so that you can see the product of your hard work.

~Smoke