emcniel

Fire Fighting Templates

Very interested

Hello. Just FYI, these are some of the common FD related stamps I have done for others.

These can be made in any size over 1". As a for instance, the last stamp FD symbol I've done in 3" tall

to go directly on the shield for a previous customer. thanks.

post-2828-0-62399500-1406302331_thumb.jp

post-2828-0-73682100-1406302340_thumb.jp

If anyone has a radio holster template that would be great 

On 10/6/2017 at 10:39 AM, Bakyardknives said:

If anyone has a radio holster template that would be great 

What Radio? 

Hi there, Looking for a radio holster template for a BK radio(Bendix King)  OR any holster.  I can make adjustments to measurements.  Thanks

I bevel around the edges of the letter then use a backgrounder to stamp down the back ground. Then I use standard acrylic paint (usually metallic Gold or Silver) from the hobby shop, a fine brush and magnifier to paint the letters. These pics show two aspects. The backgrounding and the letter painting.

Bob

Bill-Strap-Test-1.thumb.jpg.d67547596c1cc6a4850083ea2f2b9114.jpgers.Gary-Cynthia-Strap.thumb.jpg.ea72db14287f48939d8a19c410b4f3f2.jpg 

I have found the inexpensive acrylic paints to be very durable especially with a coat of resolene or other sealer. 

Bob

Antiques work really well. Fiebings has a new one, neutral, that you can mix any color with and as long as it's a deep impression works pretty well. 

On that note I'm actually a fire dpt/911 dispatcher and would love templates for our guys if anyone knows where to find them. 

@Solarius318 One of the best places Iis IN your service- go visit a few stations and ask about the gear- If the departments have a "Standard" or any sort of uniform policy look into that as well... I have 2 counties near me that do NOT allow anything but black or dark brown, but the Fire and EMS services in another few places allow anything for "self/custom" use. 

There are so many varieties and styles and makers you need to know what is "hot" in your area. That way you dont waste money time and resources making something that looks great but can not be used.

Hope this helps!

Edited by SilverForgeStudio
culsdnt sp3ll good nuf

On 9/30/2019 at 9:30 AM, SilverForgeStudio said:

@Solarius318 One of the best places Iis IN your service- go visit a few stations and ask about the gear- If the departments have a "Standard" or any sort of uniform policy look into that as well... I have 2 counties near me that do NOT allow anything but black or dark brown, but the Fire and EMS services in another few places allow anything for "self/custom" use. 

There are so many varieties and styles and makers you need to know what is "hot" in your area. That way you dont waste money time and resources making something that looks great but can not be used.

Hope this helps!

Awsome, I had never really thought about going and asking or looking up uniform policies. Thank you!