Sign in to follow this  
Eagle Crest

First Time With Exotic Inlay

this was my first time working with any exotic. i got a remnant bag from springfield and was blown away at what all came with it. i saw this piece and thought it would be perfect. im trying to figure out what skin it is. any help would be awesome.

post-37823-0-12142700-1372442894_thumb.j

Looks like a chunk of lizard skin. Good job!

Nice. I'm getting an itch to try some exotics too.

get a remnant bag from springfield. $15 and i got at least 50 small usable pieces and one piece of black snake skin at least 2 feet long and 8 or 9 inches wide

I just bought my second bag of those, I use them to make bookmarks mostly, or sometimes an overlay on a bracelet. I love those bags, like a Christmas surprise. You did a beautiful job. Cheryl

get a remnant bag from springfield. $15 and i got at least 50 small usable pieces and one piece of black snake skin at least 2 feet long and 8 or 9 inches wide

I probably will. I have it marked for my next order. But between work, vacation coming, and feeling like I'm worn to a nub already; it will probably have to wait till mid august. Unless I find myself really needing something.

You can't never go wrong with that remnant bag. I've got some that had such large pieces I made whole overlays with them.