benlilly1

Wickett And Craig

Has anyone else been having trouble using the website for Wicket and Craig? Here is what comes up on my computer:

This web page at www.wickett-craig.com has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences. Curious if I should override and go ahead and use the site?

I just tried it and had no problem http://www.wickett-craig.com/

Edited by camano ridge

yes! i had the same problem. Im on a mac.

Thanks, just wanted to know if I had my settings to tight...It's asking me if I want to override...do you think that's a good idea??

Im on a mac which is about bullet prove. So i did. Might try calling W&C and letting them know?

This is what I got when looking at the leather page...

Wait! Please don't visit that site right now!

Google detected badware on the site you were visiting. Firefox uses Google's blacklist to warn you about "Reported attack sites." We understand that you may know and trust this site, but it's possible for good sites to be infected with badware without the site owners' knowledge or permission.

This is what comes up on my browser too and I'm using firefox. I remember this message popping up on a review website I've been going to for years. I decided to ignore it and I ended up getting a real nasty virus and had to reformat the computer. I'd advise staying away from it until the problem is fixed.

Im on a mac which is about bullet prove. So i did. Might try calling W&C and letting them know?

This is why all the malicious code writers are starting to write code to infect Macintosh computers. Please quit thinking this way!! The only reason they're "bulletproof" is because they weren't profitable to attack until recent years. EVERY COMPUTER IS INFECTABLE!!!!!

Now, back to the topic at hand. I ran their site through a bunch of security scans and couldn't find any red flags. I'm at home right now and don't have access to my fancy security tools, but things look pretty good. It's possible that they received notice and fixed it. I haven't checked it from my own computer because I'm not in a clean environment right now.

I got the same thing but I run linux (Slackware64) and it's very difficult for that stuff to get into my box.

I just tried using both IE10 and Firefox and didn't have any issues. I would recommend that you do a virus scan on your PC. There is malware that will cause that type of message, it's intent is to get you to bypass and it will redirect you to who knows what or will cause further issues. I don't know what virus protection you use but it might be a good idea to go to CNET and download one of the free virus protection suites that will scan your system before it installs.

Whatever it was is still happening, I just ran into it today. The warning is coming from Google (if you have Google Toolbar installed?), and they are reporting the site was still confirmed infected on 7/10/13, only 1 page out of 14 they tested. I'll be calling them Monday.

This is why all the malicious code writers are starting to write code to infect Macintosh computers. Please quit thinking this way!! The only reason they're "bulletproof" is because they weren't profitable to attack until recent years. EVERY COMPUTER IS INFECTABLE!!!!!

I would put it this way: When you develop a virus or malware, you want it to spread as far and fast as possible to as many computers as possible. Until recently, Macs (and Linux boxes, too) have had such a small share of the personal computing market, it was pointless to develop malware for them. Mac users have always assumed (and often loudly proclaimed in workplaces, marketplaces, and on the forums) that their Macs were just made better, and so were immune to this sort of thing. NOT. I've personally had the joy of extracting malware off of Macs, which is really fun when the user has taken it upon themselves to remove the anti-malware tools we installed for them. Mac users will be encouraged to know the Mac's market share is now rapidly growing, but perhaps a bit chagrined to find it an ever more ripe target for virus and malware attacks.

You can imagine all of their anger when I brought all campus Macs under my domain and antivirus security policies :). It only took me 3 years to get approval.

If I can allow this digression to go one post further - sorraay!

I should also point out I think MacOS is a great operating system, and its growing popularity is well-deserved. I did not intend to come across as one who likes to bash them or their users. (It probably won't be long before I'll be adding an iPad to my collection, which also includes a Linux box.) My intent is simply to support Cyberthrasher's point that no computer is immune from virus or malware attacks. We all need to take reasonable precautions against them, no matter what computer/OS we use.

One thing that many users never consider is the need to keep your anti-virus software definitions up to date. Failing to do this is just the same as not having protection installed in the first place. The settings on your software are also critical, failure to have real-time scanning active is just one example. If you aren't sure about how the software you are using for anti-virus/malware/phishing is supposed to be configured visit the manufacturers web site and if needed ASK FOR HELP. While I am sure there might be some decent versions of freeware available for system protection personally I won't take the chance. The large software developers such as McAfee, Norton, Kaspersky, AVG and others have the ability and resources to constantly keep definitions up to date. There are always people coming up with new ways to screw your systems up just for the fun of it or for more malicious intent. Don't be a victim because of inaction or lack of understanding.