Second attempt at a larger bag for my youngest.

Let me know what you think.

IMAG0406_zps71f7c0bb.jpg

IMAG0408_zps1bf1581c.jpg

IMAG0410_zpsf18680fc.jpg

Do wish the truth or atta boy nice job ?

i can't get better without help.

Looks like you used some pretty thin leather.....I believe the looks could be improved just by using 6,7, or 8oz.

i can't get better without help.

you are trying and it's the only way to learn, I agree a litle thicker leather, and not so enthusiastic with the dye

bottom line its a great effort and your youngest will love it :specool:

I had though of heavier leather, but did not want the bag to weigh much. I also should have dyed both side.

Here's a good video to watch by Arthur Porter making bags! Can't wait to see your next one...

Here's a good video to watch by Arthur Porter making bags! Can't wait to see your next one...

WOW, Really nice video :-)

Second attempt at a larger bag for my youngest. Let me know what you think.

I think overall it's not too bad but there are lots of places for improvement. So, since you're asking:

1. I can see why you chose the thinner leather as it has been sewn with the grain sides together and then flipped inside out. Heavier leather would require a different construction method. Not saying the way you did it was wrong, just a heads up.

2. Mind your cuts on the pieces... The flap edge is not smooth and looks a bit choppy. I would stitch around the edge of the flap too for a finished look.

3. The buckle tab is too close to the bottom edge, maybe make it shorter or move it up?

4. Dye or line the inside so it doesn't look messy.

I wouldn't scrap this one though, keep it to remember your steps for the next one. Love the hands in white! Nice graphic element. This would look cool with white stitching to tie-in with the white hands.

Cheers,

Andy

Edited by AndyL1

Great first bag and courage to post and ask for critique

I agree with all the above, especially lining the flap at least to cover dye and stitch it down for a finished look

The dude above,Andy, makes some smoking nice bags, have a look at his posts and keep plugging away at your own. It gets better and better

Thanks everyone. Great and helpful ideas. Thanks

Good on you - and a nice looking bag. I'm having my first attempt at a bag at the moment and fixing mistakes as I go. Like the other guys say, you only learn by trying. Looking forward to seeing what you make next.

Do wish the truth or atta boy nice job ?

Why would you post a question like this if you weren't going to follow up with some constructive criticism. With all due respect, this comment just comes off as rude, especially given that there has been no further comment from you

Why would you post a question like this if you weren't going to follow up with some constructive criticism. With all due respect, this comment just comes off as rude, especially given that there has been no further comment from you

I asked the question and waited for a response,nothing more. At that point there was 129 looks and no comments .Seems like it was being left alone. I respectfully withdraw my question . Rude ?????????????????????????????????????? I am speechless .The maker did not respond so I thought his answer to my question was no. Hence no futher input .Simple as that .

I'm sorry if my response was negative. Bluesman1951, any comments, suggestions, or critisim are most welcome.

You guys handled that well, no need to turn this into something else. It is all about learning and getting better.

well Bluesman, my apologies for misinterpreting your comment. I was just pointing out that it came off as rude, not that that's how you meant it :)