The story and pics are here, sorry, I gotta run, but I wanted to "show off".....if you want to post the pictures in this thread PLEASE DO....I have a hard time figuring out all the internet forum quirks, Thanks! HEre you go: http://anvilcustoms.com/blogs/leather-blog/8231995-genuine-snakeskin-wallets-new-from-anvil

Speaking of yourself in the third person and leaving links to your website always seems very odd to me. However, learning to push the 'attach files' button doesn't seem very hard at all to me. I'll have a look when you put some photos here on LWs. Cheryl

Speaking of yourself in the third person and leaving links to your website always seems very odd to me. However, learning to push the 'attach files' button doesn't seem very hard at all to me. I'll have a look when you put some photos here on LWs. Cheryl

Pretty harsh.

No, just wanted to see the python wallet, but not someone's website. Put some pics up for him Russ if you think I was harsh and I'll be glad to look. Cheryl

I don't mind posting them up for you. They are very nice. I'd love to see a breakdown on how one goes about crafting with this type of hide.

post-42770-0-83680000-1372676077_thumb.j

Edited by All4Christ

Very nice, python looks great and very neat work. Cheryl

That's sick! Beautiful work too :)!

That's sick! Beautiful work too :)!

Thanks, rirakuma.....it was fun making them.

I don't like leaving a bare edge on snakeskin. It gets torn easily when it is in an area of stress. I like to roll the edge, or just use veg tan on the edge. I don't see it being very durable in a wallet, but they look great.

I don't like leaving a bare edge on snakeskin. It gets torn easily when it is in an area of stress. I like to roll the edge, or just use veg tan on the edge. I don't see it being very durable in a wallet, but they look great.

Snakeskin alone would be weak.....but there's no way I would do that. For one, this snake hide is EXTRA heavy duty, nice and thick. 2, I back all exotic leathers with an additional layer of leather, USUALLY veg tan, but in this case a wonderful pigskin liner was installed to couple with the snakeskin for strength. I assure, these are overengineered and will NEVER tear. You probably cant see how thick the wallet layer is, but its beefy.....takes some breaking in for sure!

Thanks to everyone here who have posted, even the cowgirl ;)......lol, I'm teasing. This has always been a very nuetral, very nice place to interact with others concerning leatherwork. gday!

Looks great!

You should get a lotta wallets out of a 22' hide!