brahdaa

Please Help Identify This Antique Sewing Machine

Hello, I'm new to the group and I need your help and expertise identifying an antique industrial sewing machine. I think it's a boot patcher or leather as it is quite large and heavy. It sits on a Bradbury table and the only markings that I can see on the machine is No 9 U: S.A. I've tried to research this item but haven't had much luck. I would greatly appreciate any assistance or advice. Thank you in advance.

post-43043-0-60260600-1372770911_thumb.j

post-43043-0-56832700-1372771190_thumb.j

post-43043-0-41395400-1372771235_thumb.j

post-43043-0-66098000-1372771288_thumb.j

I am guessing it was manufactured by USMC or BUSMC. Google British United Shoe Machinery Pearson No. 6 . Also try Pearson- Benion. Hope this helps.

Or, on closer look, it seems to be a Luberto's No. 9 which is the modern day equivalent of the other machines. Quite a find.

Or, on closer look, it seems to be a Luberto's No. 9 which is the modern day equivalent of the other machines. Quite a find.

That's what I'm thinking its a Luberto's NO. 9 harness stitcher but it looks like Lumberto's took over production at some point, maybe Ferdinand or ASE as I can't find anything that looks this old.

I'm going to keep looking. I found others newer ones for sale from $3800 - $5000 seems a bit unrealistic.

Thanks for giving me a direction to look. I began to realize that it is rare due to the lack of info out there.

Hi chaps, hope you don't mind if I jump in, this machine is I believe to be a Ferdinand no 9 rather than a Luberto no 9. Though I would expect that it was made by Luberto for Ferdinand anyway and are pretty much identical. The reason I say that its a Ferdinand is that it is black!! Ferdinands were black I believe wheras the Lubertos were a gaudy green or mauve or red or some such. Everyone has heard of Luberto machines, so I don't imagine they are super rare. Basically both machines are copies of Pearson no 6's with a change of shuttle arrangement so the arm finishes at the needle rather than continuing on and making some items like horse collars with padding a bit easier to do the right side up.

Forgot to mention, don't take any notice of the old Bradbury stand, that's not of the same era as this modern machine you have.

Hi chaps, hope you don't mind if I jump in, this machine is I believe to be a Ferdinand no 9 rather than a Luberto no 9. Though I would expect that it was made by Luberto for Ferdinand anyway and are pretty much identical. The reason I say that its a Ferdinand is that it is black!! Ferdinands were black I believe wheras the Lubertos were a gaudy green or mauve or red or some such. Everyone has heard of Luberto machines, so I don't imagine they are super rare. Basically both machines are copies of Pearson no 6's with a change of shuttle arrangement so the arm finishes at the needle rather than continuing on and making some items like horse collars with padding a bit easier to do the right side up.

Forgot to mention, don't take any notice of the old Bradbury stand, that's not of the same era as this modern machine you have.

Singermania I appreciate your input. As, I continued to have problems identifying the machine. I have contact Tony Luberto a couple of times via email but as of yet no response.. I'm also having problems finding anyone interested in purchasing this machine and a Singer 29K15. I'm trying to empty a warehouse. The lease is running out soon. If I can't find a new home soon they will have to be scrapped. It would sad if they have go that route.

Snip

I'm also having problems finding anyone interested in purchasing this machine and a Singer 29K15. I'm trying to empty a warehouse. The lease is running out soon. If I can't find a new home soon they will have to be scrapped. It would sad if they have go that route.

You haven't listed your location in your profile. Where is this stuff located?

Yea it would definitely be ashame to scrap this machine. Where are you located? I would relieve you of it for the right price assuming you're not too far.

I'm located in West Palm Beach FL. I'm interested in your offers. I'm puzzled as to our shipping options though. But we'll work it out if it is adventqgeous for both parties.

Hi, how did you go selling your machines? Let me know if the no 9 is still available. Regards Steve