Rod and Denise Nikkel

Saddlemaker's Benefit Auction

There will be a fundraising auction on July 13, 2013 to benefit two saddle makers who have suffered severe damage and losses due to the devastating flooding in High River Alberta in late June. Steve Mason (a member on here under his own name) and Stan Groff both live and have shops in High River. For those of you who know Steve or Stan and want to know more, or who are willing to donate goods or money, please contact us and we will give you more information. (The organizers don't want everything open on the internet but prefer information to spread more privately.)

Hi Denise, sorry to hear about the misfortune of those guys. I don't personally know either, however I feel like I know Steve through the leatherworker. Things here are tight, but, I would like to help in some way. Please let me know what it is that they need. I might have something here that I could send. Tell them to hang in there. The ole man upstairs never tasks us with more than we can carry. It just seems that way sometimes. Sincerely, Bob

Will the auction be online? And are you looking for items to auction off?

I would also like any info you have. Stan Groff made me a saddle slicker and a matching pounder back when I lived in MT. Liked them so well,I traded him for another set for my brother. When I ended up moving East we fell out of touch. When I heard about the flooding, I wondered if he was still there. Let me know how I can help. What are thay looking for to sell at the auction? Ken Smith Durn! Just seen post tonight and missed it. Would still like to know if I could help out.

Edited by justken

Ken, They set up a bank account for the benefit that I believe is open for a few weeks. I will PM you the contact information of the organizers and cheques made out to Saddle Maker's Benefit and sent to the organizers will be deposited and go toward them still.

Edited by Rod and Denise Nikkel