reddevil76

Strange Part Found On My Pfaff Ma1245

Found this strange part while I'm sewing today. Wonder where it came from. Pic shows it and where it was found. About 3mm diameter.

It looks like a small oil sponge, it might be missing from under the top inspection/oil cover door/hatch. Or near the hook somewhere. They are used to keep the oil like a small reservoir. Look for a corresponding cutout under the inspection doors, or under the oiling holes. (Unless it is made of leather of course, then its not from the machine)

Tor

It looks like a small oil sponge, it might be missing from under the top inspection/oil cover door/hatch. Or near the hook somewhere. They are used to keep the oil like a small reservoir. Look for a corresponding cutout under the inspection doors, or under the oiling holes. (Unless it is made of leather of course, then its not from the machine)

Tor

Right, from the pic, I can't really make out if it's brass, leather, oil wick felt, or what.

Hi all, it's brass...

Hi Dylan

In that case I do not think its from the machine. Unless your machine have some air components (pneumatic parts) or electric extras its from.

Tor

I've seen something like this after tearing down a domestic machine. I believe what I had were parts connected to the brush system in the motor. My memory is a bit cloudy on this, but I do know I have something just like this floating around here, and that it's definitely from a motor, or related electrical component off a domestic machine (foot control?). Perhaps having to do with the brush springs (wracking my brains here).

Ian

SF Bay Area

http://imcinnis.blogspot.com/

I hate these kinda things happening.. Keeps you awake at night wondering where it came from.

Just now a package of tools and supplies arrived from US. I was rearranging my tools to make way for the new stamping tools. Used a piece of 3/4 inch diameter magnet to try and pick up a swivel knife blade that had dropped into the bottom of a narrow container. When I finished packing my whole bench, realized the magnet is missing. Spent an hour of leather time searching for it to no avail. Though its a cheap magnet, not worth anything, it just bothers me not knowing where it had gone .. Aargh..